Demokrat Party wil form New Government

Mentors

I do not disagree. Yet you must admit that all the violence started with the red shirts attacking first. That's my only point.

BTW, did not see any pile of explosives left at Swampy. Link? I saw a pile of sharpened sticks...ooooo, scary! Chuckin' spears at the coppers -- LOL!

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gahd dammit. I know I saw the pic and read that in the pile of golf clubs, wooden clubs, sharpened sticks, slingshots, etc. they also found homemade explosives (of what sort and strength I don't know - could have been fireworks or some other 'explosives' of a less lethal nature). If I find the link again I'll post it here. I do remember reading this along with seeing the pic. Just last week it was.

Hi,

My wife loves Abhisit, but I think it has more to do with his looks than his political views / skills :)

Sanuk!

i eat in the same hotel breakfast room as Abhisit and his Brother two years ago during a democrat event in Surat Thani.

Khun Abhisit has good manners. :rolleyes:

New government no voting until Friday

A special session of Parliament to elect a new government is unlikely to be held until Friday or Monday.

But a new prime minister should be appointed before the end of the New Year, opposition chief whip Sathit Wongnongtoey said yesterday.

He spoke after a group of 240 MPs requested an extraordinary session of Parliament to vote for a new national leader.

The MPs, led by Democrat secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban, submitted the request to House Speaker Chai Chidchob, who needs royal endorsement to reconvene Parliament to vote on a new PM and the forming of a new government.

Chai said verification of the signatures usually takes three days, then he would submit the request to His Majesty the King.

Chai said he would resign from the House Speaker's post after the new prime minister is appointed so MPs can vote for a suitable person for his position.

The 240 MPs included 163 from the Democrats, 25 from Puea Pandin, and 15 from Chart Thai Pattana (the new party for former Chart Thai MPs). The others included eight from former Matchima Thipataya and another eight from Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana, while 21 were from the Friends of Newin faction in the former People Power Party.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/12/09/politics/politics_30090528.php

Guys I would just like to ask one thing putting all our differences aside:

What's likely to produce the best way forward for LOS & foreigners in LOS for the say remaining 3years of this election period Democrats vs. Thaksin?

It just seems weird even the boys who when this new scenario seemed an unlikely option that democrats actually shows a viable alternative is bad also?

LOS just never wins huh coz they are the 3rd world east a thus quite a bit different then 1st world west :rolleyes:

Anyways any guesses, rumours or even facts on what's the latest going figure per MP head - 10k, 100k, 500bt??? Is Thaksin paying more because his camp seem unlikely to last long or does Abhasit pay more coz he's the 'unknown' quantity?

Cheers & may the best man win the seat! :beer:

Archived