what do you like and hate about Christmas?.

sayjann

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed far more as a kid than I did as an adult. I think its a kid's holiday, like our Halloween.

As a kid you receive gifts you don't have to buy them. You're out of school, you get to stuff yourself with food. Toys. The whole thing has few if any negatives for a kid.

I don't like the over commericalization as others have noted. I also don't like the shopping madness at stores. The cost of buying gifts is also a big negative if you have to buy for a certain number of people.

Depending on the type of family you have and your relationship with them, Christmas day can be either a wonderful day or a day you dread.

I once heard that suicides go up at Christmas time. For the lonely its the worst time of the year.

The positives for me is right about Christmas eve people do seem to treat each other better. The holiday bonds all of us. We do get the day off from work. A few days in fact. Work seems to slow down around the holidays.

looks like this Year i will be laying in bed as i'm suffering from Pnuemonia.

I've had pnuemonia' date=' not nice, hope you recover swiftly :thumbup:

I love Christmas but I detest new year's eve.

I love putting up the tree and decorations and seeing the kids faces when they open their presents.

I also love cooking the Christmas dinner but I have royally fucked up this year. I invited all my side of the family for Chrimbo dinner so I will be cooking for 27. Then in a moment of pissed guiltyness, I invited the wifes family for a Christmas dinner on the Sunday before.

So, I am now cooking for 24 on the Sunday before as well,

Holy shit :(

[/quote']

A huge tub of khao pat should do. :)

I hate the shopping and all the religious crap, but I love the parties and seeing some of my old friends who only appear to be allowed out once a year or so, I quite like NYE as well, but stay well away from the nutters in the city centres.

The past 10 years I have spent Christmas in non-Christian Asian countries. It is great, as we always get the holiday, but everywhere it is a normal day, so it is just a day off. In a few places there was a large expat population on the project and there was a dinner or some such. I like Thailand better, it is just a day off without the hassles, usually get invited to someoneâ??s house who feels sorry for me, but we always decline.

TH

Archived