Bye bye GM/Chrysler/Ford??

drogon

its all relative....

What self obsessed pseudo intellectual taught you that phrase? :smirk:

When I first went to Europe years ago I was shockded at how small the cars were...and the price for gas..er..ah...petrol. Conversely, europeans have said the same when they visit the U.S.

Some have talked about raising the gas tax to force people to buy small and use the money to fund technology for hybrids, fuel cell or whatever. The present gas tax the government charges is fairly significant in relation to other products or services we tax.

However, the tax we do get is squandered and wasted. If we raise it it will just be wasted. That's the problem with ANY solution nowadays. If it relies on the government to hold the money it will be squandered. There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever about that.

At the heart of EVERYTHING is a totally corrupt and/or incompetent government. At all levels, state and federal. I don't know what else to call selling your vote on issues before the people for the 30 pieces of silver you get from special interests. Until that changes, everything else is just conversation.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first went to Europe years ago I was shockded at how small the cars were...

That's cuz they haven't build any new roads since cars were invented. :smirk: At least they seem to have made the doorways higher in buildings that they re-constructed after the War. As for small, Teddy just likes "small" cuz that's what nature gave him. He suffers from a penis complex.

The scene in Borat still makes me laugh. He checks into NY hotel and starts unpacking in the elevator, assuming that the "lift" is his European standard-sized room. Teddy, if you come to the USA, you're welcome to sleep in one of my closets. I wouldn't want you to get lost in a HUGE bedroom. :)

HH

lol...shame on you HH. Those roads aren't just small, they're part of history. Some of those roads have been around for hundreds of years. Carriages of kings and queens past have traversed those very roads and here you are ridiculing them....oh...for shame HH, for shame :nono:

How about pick up trucks and cargo vans?

They are not cars.

Honestly' date=' some people may wax lyrical about the Dodge Chaser, the Ford Mustang or the Corvette, but in reality they are all utter, utter, utter shite compared to any decent European car or any average European car for that matter.

[/quote']

Amen brother!

I don't recall a stylish well designed US car....all hideous, bloated, poorly designed monsters as far as I've seen. The best cars in the world are European (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Maserati etc etc I wont include Mercedes Benz as I personally think they are shite).

Had once a colleague and friend who was fond of American cars.

During the time we worked together he went through 3 different Chrysler...

Beautiful car, comfort quite similar to the EU ones but its mechanical reliability and fuel consumption were absolutely nuts.

The only time of my life when I visited Las Vegas I and my friends rented 2 cars at SFO -> the first one had a mechanical breakdown on a very nice, very long straight road in Nevada, second just gave up in the middle of Las Vegas...

They were both GM and were brand new (from Hertz or was it Avis?) -> since that day I swore never again to use a US made car.

Faustian: You didn't know they have queens in the USA??? You know, beauty queens, proms queens etc...

:banghead::neener:

Had once a colleague and friend who was fond of American cars.

During the time we worked together he went through 3 different Chrysler...

Beautiful car, comfort quite similar to the EU ones but its mechanical reliability and fuel consumption were absolutely nuts.

The only time of my life when I visited Las Vegas I and my friends rented 2 cars at SFO -> the first one had a mechanical breakdown on a very nice, very long straight road in Nevada, second just gave up in the middle of Las Vegas...

They were both GM and were brand new (from Hertz or was it Avis?) -> since that day I swore never again to use a US made car.

Faustian: You didn't know they have queens in the USA??? You know, beauty queens, proms queens etc...

:banghead::neener:

rogie ia a Queen, isn't she?

When I first went to Europe years ago I was shockded at how small the cars were...

That's cuz they haven't build any new roads since cars were invented. :smirk: At least they seem to have made the doorways higher in buildings that they re-constructed after the War. As for small' date=' Teddy just likes "small" cuz that's what nature gave him. He suffers from a penis complex.

The scene in Borat still makes me laugh. He checks into NY hotel and starts unpacking in the elevator, assuming that the "lift" is his European standard-sized room. Teddy, if you come to the USA, you're welcome to sleep in one of my closets. I wouldn't want you to get lost in a HUGE bedroom. :)

HH

[/quote']

OK thanks HH, that's very nice of you, I will take up your offer of a room if I come to the US. Just PM me the location of your trailer park :thumbup:

Teddy...sorry to disappoint. We call a place where we park our trailered boats a boatyard...not a trailer park. Nevertheless, if you'd like to sleep on my boat...

LP...the gas-guzzler is mine. The street is public. My neighbors tolerate me (I think.)

But to get this tread back on track, I'm hoping for a Big 3 bailout. Otherwise, I'm thinking I might have go search out an after-market warrantee program. If GM goes totally under, I will probably be screwed if the courts wipe out warrantee coverage as a liability of the company.

HH

Archived