Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush and calls him dog

Bangkoktraveler

Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody.

Muntadar al-Zaidi has suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.

Mr Zaidi threw his shoes at Mr Bush at a news conference, calling him "a dog".

The BBC tried to contact Iraqi national security adviser, Mowaffaq al-Rubaie, but he was not available for comment.

Meanwhile, offers to buy the shoes are being made around the Arab world, reports say.

Mass rallies in support of Mr Zaidi have also been held across Iraq, calling for his release.

Dargham al-Zaidi said he believed his brother had now been taken to a US military hospital in Baghdad.

He told the BBC that despite offers from many lawyers his brother has not been given access to any since being taken into custody.

The Iraqi authorities have said the 28-year-old will be prosecuted under Iraqi law, although it is not yet clear what the charges might be.

Iraqi lawyers have speculated that he could face charges of insulting a foreign leader and the Iraqi Prime Minister, Nouri al Maliki, who was standing next to President Bush during the incident. The offence carries a maximum penalty of two years in jail.

BBC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally' date=' former Air National Guard 1LT Bush has come under hostile fire! [/quote'] Too bad he didn't get hit, he would have gotten a purple heart.
No, that's John Kerry you're thinking of.
I would expect a chicken hawk like you to say something like that, rogie. You praise the person who might have went AOL but are critical of the person who goes to war.
Like I said before, you sound like a complete jackass! If Obama doesn't pull every soldier out of Iraq within the first day of him getting in Office, then he officially becomes a chickenhawk according to your "logic" thinking. Obama leaving one soldier in Iraq means he supports this war, yet he never went to war. Chickenhawk at it's finest. Why do you support this retard? I just don't understand.
youngfarang, I have already responded to this question in another thread. You are a chicken hawk. You are for war but refuse to supprt it. When Obama becomes president, he becomes the Comander in Chief. He is head of the military. He wil be involved with the military. By definition, a chicken hawk, like yourself, promotes war but refuses to participate. When Obama becomes President, he will have to deal with the wars (involvement) whereas you will not have any involvement but continue to run your mouth as a Chicken Hawk.
You keep running your mouth without any facts. Im still in high school. Im sorry for wanting to graduate before I start my career in the field I choose. Next time you try being a smartass be sure to base your arguement on facts and not complete bullshit.

Finally' date=' former Air National Guard 1LT Bush has come under hostile fire! [/quote'] Too bad he didn't get hit, he would have gotten a purple heart.
No, that's John Kerry you're thinking of.
I would expect a chicken hawk like you to say something like that, rogie. You praise the person who might have went AOL but are critical of the person who goes to war.
Like I said before, you sound like a complete jackass! If Obama doesn't pull every soldier out of Iraq within the first day of him getting in Office, then he officially becomes a chickenhawk according to your "logic" thinking. Obama leaving one soldier in Iraq means he supports this war, yet he never went to war. Chickenhawk at it's finest. Why do you support this retard? I just don't understand.
youngfarang, I have already responded to this question in another thread. You are a chicken hawk. You are for war but refuse to supprt it. When Obama becomes president, he becomes the Comander in Chief. He is head of the military. He wil be involved with the military. By definition, a chicken hawk, like yourself, promotes war but refuses to participate. When Obama becomes President, he will have to deal with the wars (involvement) whereas you will not have any involvement but continue to run your mouth as a Chicken Hawk.
You keep running your mouth without any facts. Im still in high school. Im sorry for wanting to graduate before I start my career in the field I choose. Next time you try being a smartass be sure to base your arguement on facts and not complete bullshit.

From your previous comments, it appears you are like rogie, a chicken hawk.

As far as still being in high school, you never told us you were in high school. By the way, what grade are you in?

Archived