Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush and calls him dog

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easily refuted.

Really?

Yes really. A few journalists in the front row apologizing doesn't mean the entire Iraqi Press Corp was embarrassed which is what Bush said. You should talk to him about lying.

http://thehive.modbee.com/?q=node/11297

Actually I can see Iraqis finding the shoe throwing very rude indeed. They are a polite people. That doesn't make it any less courageous.

I know you're just trying to be helpful Flasher. Perhaps we need a little recap for anyone who may have just joined us.

Bush said the entire Iraqi Press Corp was humiliated by the shoe-throwing incident when he snuck into Baghdad recently. First hand evidence (links provided) suggests that isn't true. Our resident Bush supporter just can't accept that so he accuses me, me!, of lying and posting garbage.

"The shoes missed their target about 15 feet (4.5 metres) away. One sailed over Bush's head as he stood next to Maliki and smacked into the wall behind him. Bush smiled uncomfortably and Maliki looked strained."

??? From the video I saw, the first one missed him by about 4.5 inches only, and the second one wasn't too far off either.

You think that guy had practiced?

Makes more sense like this:

The shoes missed their target, (Pres. Bush who was) about 15 feet (4.5 metres) away.

Archived