Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush and calls him dog

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find this thread so bizarre.

RY, why do you defend Bush?

He got rid of one man, removing a dictator who admittedly was a vile individual. Iraq then descended into anarchy and chaos, with tens of thousands losing their lives. Throwing shoes is not polite, but it is mild in comparison to the pain and anger caused by Bush's administration to so many there. A little understanding RY .

Your earlier post;

""Journalists" are the same everywhere. Without GWB there would be no free press in Iraq and this shoe-throwing retard would be off to the torture chamber (and the women in his family would be off to the rape rooms). You encourage people like this, BT, because you are insane."

I'm sure you're right that there wasn't any freedom of the press under Saddam, but a little empathy for the Iraqi's wouldn't go amiss...they've been through a lot. Your post is really quite ridiculous if you are able to see the bigger picture. It's just a shoe. No one died.

You pretend to plead for understanding and then post idiocy.

GWB, the U.S. military, and the American people did not merely get rid of one vile man. We removed a vile dictatorship, defended Iraq against a heinous insurgency backed by and carried out by evildoers from throughout the Muslim world, and we have helped the Iraqi people start to create a free and democratic country for the first time in their history. We did this at great cost to ourselves.

You talk of the cost of these actions to the Iraqis but Saddam was never going to be removed without a terrible cost being paid by the Iraqis. Of course his continued reign would have come at great cost as well. And 99.99% of the torture and murder that has occurred in Iraq since the beginning of OIF has been due to deliberate acts by non-Americans. American forces have stood between Iraqis and their murderers more than any Arab or Muslim army has ever done so for anyone else ever in history.

That is the big picture and it is you who cannot see it.

I find this thread so bizarre.

RY' date=' why do you defend Bush?

He got rid of one man, removing a dictator who admittedly was a vile individual. Iraq then descended into anarchy and chaos, with tens of thousands losing their lives. Throwing shoes is not polite, but it is mild in comparison to the pain and anger caused by Bush's administration to so many there. A little understanding RY .

Your earlier post;

""Journalists" are the same everywhere. Without GWB there would be no free press in Iraq and this shoe-throwing retard would be off to the torture chamber (and the women in his family would be off to the rape rooms). You encourage people like this, BT, because you are insane."

I'm sure you're right that there wasn't any freedom of the press under Saddam, but a little empathy for the Iraqi's wouldn't go amiss...they've been through a lot. Your post is really quite ridiculous if you are able to see the bigger picture. It's just a shoe. No one died. [/quote']

You pretend to plead for understanding and then post idiocy.

GWB, the U.S. military, and the American people did not merely get rid of one vile man. We removed a vile dictatorship, defended Iraq against a heinous insurgency backed by and carried out by evildoers from throughout the Muslim world, and we have helped the Iraqi people start to create a free and democratic country for the first time in their history. We did this at great cost to ourselves.

You talk of the cost of these actions to the Iraqis but Saddam was never going to be removed without a terrible cost being paid by the Iraqis. Of course his continued reign would have come at great cost as well. And 99.99% of the torture and murder that has occurred in Iraq since the beginning of OIF has been due to deliberate acts by non-Americans. American forces have stood between Iraqis and their murderers more than any Arab or Muslim army has ever done so for anyone else ever in history.

That is the big picture and it is you who cannot see it.

My god you are stupid.

I'm sure the prisoners at Abu Graib would endorse your figures...

Nowhere did I say that I don't understand this. I appreciate all aspects of this horrible war. It appears you don't. Your usual myopic vision of the world renders you incapable of appreciating others points of view.

Intelligence is demonstrated by those who can see all points of view. Stupidity, such as yours, only sees one point of view. Nothing is clear cut RY. You seemingly arrive at conclusions, based upon inaccurate information, or cherry picked sources, that agree with your pre-determined opinion. It is apparently Impossible to change your mind or persuade you to consider others points of view. Such closed mindedness is the very definition of stupidity.

Furthermore, you fail to demonstrate any evidence of empathy time and time again. Empathy is widely recognised as an aspect of high intelligence. You are curiously devoid of empathy suggesting a deficit in your cognitive functioning. A considerable deficit.

All I suggested was that the shoe throwing wasn't that big of a deal...all things considered...

A lot of Iraqis probably see the shoe-throwing incident as a big deal. They've been totally humiliated as a nation. They're under occupation. It's a gesture of defiance that made news around the world. Won't help them much though IMO. Most of the American troops aren't going anywhere.

Archived