Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush and calls him dog

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you're just trying to be helpful Flasher. Perhaps we need a little recap for anyone who may have just joined us.

Bush said the entire Iraqi Press Corp was humiliated by the shoe-throwing incident when he snuck into Baghdad recently. First hand evidence (links provided) suggests that isn't true. Our resident Bush supporter just can't accept that so he accuses me, me!, of lying and posting garbage.

The truth of the matter is rogie is right. :yeahthat: The Iraqi Press Corp did apologize. What the reporter was suppose to do was give GWB the boot, something any person living under 'freedom and democracy'[/b should have done a long time ago.

Don't worry, Chuckwoww, nobody takes seriously what rogie post. rogie was a former Democrat and now he hates himself and everybody else. Besides, rogie went to Church today so he has more to bitch about then anybody else.

This is starting to get boring. Some Iraqi journalists in the front row apologized. As they should. And there will probably be an official apology somewhere along the line. Some journalists however thought Al-Zaidi's action was courageous. No doubt lots of Iraqis agree. Ergo the entire Iraqi Press Corp was not humiliated which is what Bush said on the ABC interview.

Note:

Remember when the U.S. toppled the statue of Saddast Hussineee..... People struck it with their shoes.. Feet(and Shoe) are dirty and very insulting... Very symbolic Now about his punishment... Islamic style.... 50 lashes with the cane... or until dead! About 30 is suppose to do it..

I wonder how many Iraqis feel the same way as this reporter did?

I find this thread so bizarre.

RY, why do you defend Bush?

He got rid of one man, removing a dictator who admittedly was a vile individual. Iraq then descended into anarchy and chaos, with tens of thousands losing their lives. Throwing shoes is not polite, but it is mild in comparison to the pain and anger caused by Bush's administration to so many there. A little understanding RY .

Your earlier post;

""Journalists" are the same everywhere. Without GWB there would be no free press in Iraq and this shoe-throwing retard would be off to the torture chamber (and the women in his family would be off to the rape rooms). You encourage people like this, BT, because you are insane."

I'm sure you're right that there wasn't any freedom of the press under Saddam, but a little empathy for the Iraqi's wouldn't go amiss...they've been through a lot. Your post is really quite ridiculous if you are able to see the bigger picture. It's just a shoe. No one died.

Archived