Loan sharks , what do they charge the girls ?

LAX

Hi

on my last trip to BKK, one of my regulars told me she had to borrow 10k baht from a loan shark at 20% a month interest,

I offered to give her the baht to pay it off, and she could "work" off the loan ,

it all worked out , she paid off the loan shark , and worked off the baht in the next couple weeks ,

I was going to give her the baht over my vacation anyway so it was not a big deal,

But I was wondering if 20% a month was normal , and what happens if the girls do not pay ?

Dave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi

yes it was 20% a month , she was lucky it was the first month and I happened to show up ,

she did use the word "mafia" but I was not sure if that was real or just something to make her point that she was in trouble.

Hey I made a few browny points , she got out of a jam and hopefully will not do it again , but I think poor people get sucked into this too easily,

Dave

I've heard about this too and seen some of the results of non payment. If you're interested I am sure you can find some of the websites with the relevant videos! On one occasion the story went that the Thai BF borrowed money and put the girl up as collateral. It also extends well outside of the p4p sector.

hi

yes it was 20% a month , she was lucky it was the first month and I happened to show up ,

she did use the word "mafia" but I was not sure if that was real or just something to make her point that she was in trouble.

Hey I made a few browny points , she got out of a jam and hopefully will not do it again , but I think poor people get sucked into this too easily,

Dave

How long do you think before she does it again.

Just be careful....you bailed her out once so I am guessing there will be a level of expectation from you now.

"How long do you think before she does it again.

Just be careful....you bailed her out once so I am guessing there will be a level of expectation from you now."

yeah that may happen , but I do not live in LOS and she does not have my USA contact info.

I have know her for 5 years and always have a good time with her.

We will see what happens next trip :)

Dave

Archived