Christmas dinner!

Faustian

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2001 Gevrey-Chambertin Pierre Olivier 4990.-

2002 Chassagne-Montrachet Pierre Olivier 3800.-

2001 Nuits-Saint-Georges Pierre Olivier 6500.-

the second is a white wine; the other two are red!

good ones but not top wines from burgundy like Romanee Conti' date=' Richebourg or Charmes Chambertin!

[/quote']

You can tell them that, I copied and pasted off of their website....

And yes, these wines are good, but of course there's better. However these prices are already grossly inflated. The Nuit Saint Georges is around 120 pounds! You can get it for 50 Pounds in the UK and that's in a restaurant! I know I've drunk it before several times...I'll probably go for the Gevrey Chambertin at a mere 100 pounds! Or maybe I wont.

you can't compare the prices with UK; wines are heavily taxed in Thailand; go into a shop and look at the prices! i would call above prices reasonable.

seems that tax rate on Champagne is even higher. ordinary Champagne of the common brands cost 3000 THB up in Carrefour.

Le Banyan.....Bourgogne Red

2001 Gevrey-Chambertin Pierre Olivier 4990.-

2002 Chassagne-Montrachet Pierre Olivier 3800.-

2001 Nuits-Saint-Georges Pierre Olivier 6500.-

I want all 3 please!!!!!

A good Chassage Montrachet premier cru costs +35 euros in France wine shops (that's 1750B, add at least 100% restaurant's mark up)

Samak: Please not that 48% of Chassagnes production is red and since 1970 they plant more pinot noir than chardonnay (and the Banyan Pierre Olivier is definitely red)

Samak: Please not that 48% of Chassagnes production is red and since 1970 they plant more pinot noir than chardonnay (and the Banyan Pierre Olivier is definitely red)

you are right! Chassagne Montrachet is just more famous for its outstanding Chardonnays!

Indeed, Chassagne Montrachet premier cru chardonnay is one of my favourite wines :)

Just called them, they aren't doing a special xmas menu as such, only for xmas eve. Love the wine list....drooling....

As u guys know, money not an issue, also it's xmas so sensible spending goes out the window for me, I like to celebrate!...venue/food/atmosphere are my only concerns.

I think I will take the le-banyan option. It looks great!

Cheers SD and all who helped out. Much appreciated, will report back on my experience there.

Faus and all,

Okay, so how was your Xmas dinner where ever you ate? Was it good quality? Was it worth the amount paid? Etc. I hope you all had an enjoyable meal and a fine Xmas day.

Me? I went to the Farang Connection restaurant in Surin. 500 baht if you paid and reserved before Xmas day. 600 baht if you walked in without a reservation. I paid ahead of time. So 500 baht for me. I have to say it was an excellent meal, very tasty, and HUGE portions. Also each person with a reservation got a personal Xmas card from the owner and his wife and staff that included a free drink coupon. So for 500 baht a good big meal, and a free large beer for me. Turkey, gravy, potatos, cranberry sauce, Yorkshire pudding, veggies, stuffing, salad, and a Xmas pudding for dessert. I was full and happy and many farang from the area were there with their wives and GFs and kids. The place was packed out. Very enjoyable time. Well worth the money. A merry Xmas it was. I hope you all had a good one too. :xmascheer:xmascheer

Archived