Israeli Air Force uses new US-supplied smart bomb

Bangkoktraveler

Imagine by some quirk of fate that Mexico had supersonic warplanes, tanks and artillery, and the USA only had slingshot, Qassem rockets and AK 47s. Imagine again that Mexico reoccupied some of the US southern states such as Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California with surely some sort of historical justification, would you be recommending that your fellow American citizens simply accept their fate quietly and seek refuge in the more northern US states and Canada or even go back where they historically came from to Europe?

Why should the Palestinians or their Arab neighbours â??acceptâ? Israeli occupation of Palestinian land?

Your examples of injustices re Germans. Poles, Hindus donâ??t make a wrong a right. Havenâ??t we moved on in the last 60 years? You seem to want to blame the victims rather than the perpetrators of the ethnic cleansing.

I thought that you as an ex soldier would also respect the rights of combatants and civilian refugees under international law according to the Geneva Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and UN resolutions?

Weâ??re only talking about the return of a handful of geriatric Palestinian refugees who were ethnically cleansed in 1948 and 1967. The rest could be financially compensated (chickenfeed in the interests of world peace) in some lasting and just peace agreement.

Happy New Year

:beer:

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
>>resist what?

..Israeli occupation.

in 1880 10,000 Jews lived in peace alongside their 500,000 Palestinian neighbours

in 1886 Theodor Herzl founded Zionism and decided to build a Jewish state in Palestine

in 2008 5.4 million Jews occupy the former Palestine, while 4.25 million Palestians are refugees

... go figure. You seem still to be in denial like the Turks are over the Armenian genocide.

Yes, my British ancestors occupied my country Australia and N America by ethnically cleansing the native populations, and got away with the atrocities. Israel is trying to do the same thing in the 21st Century, but this time the whole world is watching.

To further your education, ry, try Palestine Remembered and in particular

Map and you might begin to understand what the Palestinians are so upset about.

There's no turning back the clock to 1880. There's got to be a compromise. But Israel will never have peace until they make their enemies their friends.

You speak foolish things.

Are there more Jews in Israel now than seventy years ago? So what?

Who can say how many Jews there should be in Israel?

(Other than God.)

For 1948...Arab states started the war and conquered some parts of Izrael.

For 1967: The Arab countries were preparing to start the war to erase Izrael -> and the Palestinian regiments were a reality...

No luck for the Arab countries and the Palestinians but they lost the war...(especially jordania as they should never have entered the war).

Izrael and the Arab countries as well as the Palestinians were faced by a situation left by the Brits...Instead of trying to find a solution the Arab states chose to attack...

Your comparison with Mexico and USA is inaccurate.

Arab states as well as Palestinians received huge loads of weapons from the USSR and its allies throughout time -> 1956-1967-1973 and numerous small battles between...

In these times the ones with big guns and loads of military equipment were the Arab countries

-> if Hamas is fighting with AK-RPG-mortars -> this is because they lost the wars they started and the Arab states have something else to do than

"erase Izrael".....

Izraeli occupation?

Tell that to the damn Brits who created this situation...

The only "exodus" I can admit is the one of 1948 but it went both ways, Palestinians leaving what was then Izrael borders and then later in the war Izraelis leaving territory occupied by force by Arab countries.

1967: Is not an Izraeli occupation (except in the sinai against Egypt) -> Izrael just reacted to attacks from Jordania and retook some territories lost in 1948....

Biggest mistake of the kingdom of Jordania and the Palestinians was to attack Izrael when Izrael didn't plan to attack Jordaina....

1973: No occupation, just Izrael fighting to survive...

I agree that Izrael's creation in 1948 is an occupation of "Arab lands" from a certain point of view but may I remind all readers here that Izrael was recognized by something like 150 or so countries?

Damn, for once I have to fully agree with RY (but not for the same reasons/motivations).

I talked recently to an Arab-Izraeli friend I met in Africa a long time ago who is now living in Ashkalon...

He has always been against full scale attacks against Hamas/Fatah, he went to jail for refusing to serve in a frontline unit...

but now, he has enough simply because he fears for the safety of his family.

I believe he is among the last people in Izrael who would advocate violence and he admits that even a huge operation wouldn't completely stop the Hamas but enough is enough for him...

People can come to understand reality as slowly and stubbornly as they want but reality doesn't change:

The Jihadis want to drive all Jews from what is now Israel. Period. Leftists who deny this are liars or retards or both.

This is true, but you dishonestly ignore what the Israeli's are doing. There's more to this than your simplistic opinions.

A sign of real ignorance and stupidity is only seeing one side of an argument. You are living proof of this.

The Jihadis want to drive all Jews from what is now Israel. Period. Leftists who deny this are liars or retards or both.

This is true' date=' but you dishonestly ignore what the Israeli's are doing. There's more to this than your simplistic opinions.[/quote']

I do not ignore what the Israelis are doing. Rather, I approve of 90+ % of it.

If you had an honest and intelligent criticism of the Israelis then you would simply make it rather than spout off worthless bullshit.

Archived