Israeli Air Force uses new US-supplied smart bomb

Bangkoktraveler

Aid to Palestine is mainly spent on rebuilding infrastructure that the Israelis promptly bomb flat again.

Yes...I applaud the use of cheap foreign labor to build test sites for U.S. weapon systems. However, I am concerned that not enough U.S. companies are factored into the contracting of the rebuilding efforts. Outsourcing is rampant and needs to be carefully monitored.

HH

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aid to Palestine is mainly spent on rebuilding infrastructure that the Israelis promptly bomb flat again.

Yes...I applaud the use of cheap foreign labor to build test sites for U.S. weapon systems. However' date=' I am concerned that not enough U.S. companies are factored into the contracting of the rebuilding efforts. Outsourcing is rampant and needs to be carefully monitored.

HH

[/quote']

Unfortunately the average Palestinian wage is about 37 cents a day which makes it difficult for US companies to compete.

No doubt the US worker will become more competitive as the current economic crisis progresses.

>>resist what?

..Israeli occupation.

in 1880 10,000 Jews lived in peace alongside their 500,000 Palestinian neighbours

in 1886 Theodor Herzl founded Zionism and decided to build a Jewish state in Palestine

in 2008 5.4 million Jews occupy the former Palestine, while 4.25 million Palestians are refugees

... go figure. You seem still to be in denial like the Turks are over the Armenian genocide.

Yes, my British ancestors occupied my country Australia and N America by ethnically cleansing the native populations, and got away with the atrocities. Israel is trying to do the same thing in the 21st Century, but this time the whole world is watching.

To further your education, ry, try Palestine Remembered and in particular

Map and you might begin to understand what the Palestinians are so upset about.

There's no turning back the clock to 1880. There's got to be a compromise. But Israel will never have peace until they make their enemies their friends.

:beer:

The Palestinians have long been used as pawns by the Arab nations and thus are caught in the middle. Why are there still Palestinian refugee camps? Why haven't they been settled in towns and cities in the region to get on with their lives? Simple - because the Arab states don't want them to be.

Compare the Palestinians with the 15 million or so Germans and ethnic Germans who were driven from their historic homes in eastern and central Europe after WWII. How many live in refugee camps today? Or the 2 1/2 million Poles expelled from their eastern lands ... or the tens of thousands of Italians driven from Istria by the Yugoslav annexers. Or even more to the point, the millions of Muslims and Hindus uprooted by the partition of India. And don't forget that about the same number of Jews were expelled from their homes in Arab lands as Palestinians who lost their homes in Palestine. It is a black mark on the wealthy Arab nations that the Palestinians are kept in poverty and refugee camps some 60 years after the 1948 war ended.

There is plenty of blame and guilt to go around.

FS is spot on:

But until very recently the neighbouring Arab countries were full dictatures which found convenient to:

- Use the Jews as being the cause of all evil

- Use the Palestinians as "martyrs" for the Arab cause

I studied closely the wars between Izrael and its neighbours.

It would have been very easy to help the Palestianians settle between 1956-1967 as there was plenty of land available but Arab dictatures needed "wars' and "martyrs" to try to justify the fact their countries were under developed (despite the huge Soviet help) and their people uneducated.

Izrael made huge mistakes and their current actions are from another time.

But, Hamas is from another time too.

The biggest responsible were the surrounding Arab countries which, faced with a "fait accompli" like the Jews were in 1948, choose to attack Izrael and cultivate a "martyrs and oppressed" mentality within the Palestinians and found convenient to use them while keeping them in refugee camps...

I can go on and present arguments for hours but saying this is all "Izrael's fault" is doing Hamas propaganda and while Izrael made many mistakes and can't justify its present actions -> the fault lies with the Arab countries...(which luckily are slowly changing since 1973)

What you describe as "Arabs" are actually a diverse people, united in some cases by religion but divided by tribal loyalties.

The Egyptians or the Syrians or the Jordanians or any other neighboring country didn't want a mass of impoverished immigrants who they considered that they were in no way related to landing on their doorstep.

If these potential immigrants were so desirable why didn't Canada or Australia or the US, who took millions of displaced Poles, Italians and Germans after WW2 put their hand up for them?

...the Palestinians have a right to resist.

Resist what?

Zbigniew Brzezinski spent some time on Morning Joe today' date=' and grew so exasperated with Scarborough's insipid questions that he finally shot back, [i']"you know, you have such a stunningly superficial knowledge of what went on that it's almost embarrassing to listen to you."[/i] Yes it is.

Joe reminds me of you, RY...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28433263#28433263

Cheers,

SD

...the Palestinians have a right to resist.

Resist what?

A right to resist being confined' date=' starved, massacred, blockaded, treated like animals, having walls built through their their land....take your pick. You have that right too if it ever happens to you.[/quote']

Dude. The "Palestinians" are committing vicious, racist, blood-thirsty murder because they hate the Jews and Israel. None of them are starving. You only claim they are starving because you don't want to face up to their shortcomings.

Archived