Zantika fire????

drogon

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude your link is a lame bitchy music video of sorts (I fucked your mum)?

not sure censor of tragedy of events like these is going to help people understand how horrid it is.

isn't this the latest logic applied on cigarette warnings - as scary victim photos as possible although I'm not sure whether any preventive effect is working or not :hmmm:

Sur Ba is an death trap is there ever was one. I've been there several times as I've been interested in the telecom "black" box business in the past and that's very popular there. You can even screw up your respiratory system just be hanging around on the streets in that area because the pollution is just terrible.

all I understood on the victims list was that 2 17year olds appeared there. very sad for all of them young as older.

1 likely theory formed IMO based on numerous reports etc is that the roof construction was (too) weak & then hit by a fairly large piece of fire work from outside & slowly, but surely burning down through the roof to the ceiling & then spreading very quick & collapsing fast. that goes well with reports of people seeing the fire on the roof from outside first & running in to warn the crowds only obsessed with the fireworks & realizing too late.

this completely dismisses the somewhat unlikely speculations on sprinklers or fireworks brought inside & lit as the cause.

still although that would make it a bad coincidence only likely repeated at occasions like new years it really would be nice to get a definite cause... :(

BMA to inspect buildings after club fire

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has set up a committee to inspect and improve safety of buildings in Bangkok following fire at the capital night club, which left 64 people killed.

According to BMA permanent secretary Pongsak Saemsan, the committee will inspect security at cinemas, hotels, apartments, department stores and others.

These public venues need to be equipped with extinguishers, emergency alarms and fire exits, he said.

Legal action will be imposed on owners of the buildings below the standard, he added.

Link

Merit-making held for pub fire victims

Wattana district held a merit-making ceremony for victims of pub fire that took place on New Year.

The Buddhist ceremony was chaired by head of Wattana district, where the Santika Club situated.

The death toll from the pub fire reached 64 as Japanese victim Keiichi Wada died on Sunday night. Of the 68 injured, 35 remained in ICUs as of Monday.

Catholic and Muslim ceremonies will be held on Wednesday for the victims.

Cause of fire is still under investigation.

Link

BMA to inspect buildings after club fire

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has set up a committee to inspect and improve safety of buildings in Bangkok following fire at the capital night club, which left 64 people killed.

According to BMA permanent secretary Pongsak Saemsan, the committee will inspect security at cinemas, hotels, apartments, department stores and others.

These public venues need to be equipped with extinguishers, emergency alarms and fire exits, he said.

Legal action will be imposed on owners of the buildings below the standard, he added.

Link

No sprinkler systems?

Archived