Zantika fire????

drogon

I'd agree if this kind of thing happened in London, Copenhagen, Milan wherever many if given the chance would be quick to blame the muslims, foreigners etc.

I feel many here in LOS context may be unaware of how deep or widespread the contempt for foreigners is just because few if any will tell us upfront in daily life.

On a side note slightly off topic I'll further add another example I received by email today blaming Denmark for the dec04 tsunami as follows:

"i always knew when the tsunami hit phuket and lots of the vikings lost their lives in heap....they must have done something bad to the sea.."

then followed by photos of whales slaughtered of some fareoe island!

nice logic considering civil war striken muslims at Aceh, Indonesia nearer to the epicenter lost hundred thousands of lifes (vast majority from that tsunami although initially ignored with no foreigners holidaying there) :banghead:

the mind really boogles sometimes - must be a blessing at times to be narrow minded & sighted :rolleyes:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems authorities get serious this time?

what was actually the split of victims among thais/foreigners? in above clip it says 3 singaporeans. what about other nationalities?

early reports claimed that the majority of the victims are foreigners

Death toll now at 62, more young people, 2 ladies and 1 man. It gets worse. A lot more still in ICU. Toll could rise.

Yes. One of those was a name I did not want to see, but in the end it was probably the best thing considering how bad she looked when I saw her a couple of days ago...

:rip: Miss Oy

Regards,

SD

Bangkok Post

5 Jan 2009

[color:red]Fire traps 20 in Plaza[/color]

About 20 people were trapped inside Sua Pa Plaza on Charoen Krung road in Khlong Thom area when a fire broke out about 8pm last night.

Many of them waved clothes as they called for help, while others ran upstairs to the rooftop to escape the blaze.

About 10 fire trucks rushed to the scene and officers asked shoppers to move their cars from the packed Charoen Krung-Khlong Thom road, where the building sits.

Some panic-stricken people suffered broken limbs as they jumped out of the building. Two people were sent to nearby hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters rescued about 30 people by using cranes and fire truck ladders.

The blaze was brought under control at 10pm but thick smoke hampered rescue efforts as dozens were still trapped inside the building.

Officers suspected the fire started from a mobile appliance shop on the first floor.

Samak,

majority remains Thai despite the false early reports in the media.

On the initial confirmed name list of some 2x there was only Thais & 1 other asian (SG/JP?).

since then a few more asians & no westerners/europeans confirmed dead as far as I know...

this doesn't change the fact that it's a very tragic accident & some boardmembers have already came forward with missing friends. :rip:

Archived