Zantika fire????

drogon

I find the last paragraphs of The Nation article most interesting:

The Anti-Money Laundering Office was also instructed to look into the [color:red]Bt20-million transfer into the club's bank account[/color] supposedly from an alcohol company. The firm denied making any such transaction.

The team is also questioning why the police stopped raiding the premises [color:red]after a certain individual bought shares[/color] :alert: :question:

in the White and Brothers on September 17, 2006. This was despite the 47 arrests police had made previously for unauthorised opening of the venue and selling booze at prohibited times.

Pirapan also revealed that Suriya Ritrabeu, managing director of White and Brothers, had a history of drug abuse and further investigation showed that santika Pub had [color:red]paid no excise taxes[/color] throughout its five years of operation.

In addition, documents were found containing [color:red]forged signatures[/color] of an architect and a construction-supervisory engineer, which might have been part of an illegal ruse to issue forged construction permits. The engineer's name was used in 33 applications for construction permits, he said. The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has been urged to look into this aspect of the case because it goes against the Building Control Act.

-----

It seems that the owners/shareholders of the club are extremely well connected.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the weekend, the front page of one of the BKK papers had the story of that 21 y.o. lad that ran his Benz into a bus and then into a crowd of people...road rage.

He killed one person, injured others, got a 10 year jail sentence, which is being appealed.

I like that the court laid the blame on the family for what translated to me, as a spoiled, rich brat!

The Zantika involves police, building inspections, etc.

I expect they will find a scapegoat and then matter will go away.

Over the weekend, the front page of one of the BKK papers had the story of that 21 y.o. lad that ran his Benz into a bus and then into a crowd of people...road rage.

He killed one person, injured others, got a 10 year jail sentence, which is being appealed.

I like that the court laid the blame on the family for what translated to me, as a spoiled, rich brat!

I remember that incident. Happened maybe a year or so ago. And yes, the guy seems like a right asshole. Seem to recall Daddy was a lawyer or high ranking policeman or something.

Sanuk!

He was sentenced and is now out on bail though ...

Thaksins lawyers that bribed the judge did sit out their sentence though! So things are changing in Thailand slowly but surely.

Also the justice department claimed the police charging the singer was just them finding a scapegoat.

W

Great vid on Thai news last night. Showed a closed circuit camera footage of the fire starting. It was focused on the stage. The kid from Burn had NOTHING to do with it.

Fuck those scum who tried to pin it on the kid. Without that vid, he probably would have been screwed.

Yeah, blame anybody but the actual culprits. You know this one is going nowhere.

RE the Benz Murderer: how the hell are you convicted of murder and then given bail during the appeal. Oh wait...never mind...TIT.

Archived