cellphones give them away

cheekyboy

"I don't buy into all the PC crap and sensitivity crap some here use"

Not only on this board.

If you use certain "direct" words in Thai language - including regarding this category of women - you might get into some trouble.

Maybe I have been living too long a time in Asia but I have seem to have adopted a strong sensitivity towards unrestrained "straightforwardness" about labelling people.

Is this sensitivity a sort of PC typical for Asians?

At least a generation ago even the French seemed reluctant about being too explicit about labelling prostitutes at least in writing, using "P..." for "putain" but the French here might correct me on this one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bricklayer does not stop being a brick layer by trade when he sits down to eat dinner with the family, he's still a bricklayer, even when he isn't working....

...Take it anyway you like. I have grown passed my need to sanitize any of this. We are all part of the same game, the same hypocrisy.

Hmmmm....I thought bricklayers were masons? :dunno:

Anyway, I think collectively using the term to a group of individuals takes the edge off a bit, as compared as saying a specific person is a whore. I use the term "whore" for emphasis/"shock" occasionally. It's not so much sugar-coating or PC when I use a different term. "Prostitute" can similarly be offensive to some of the "working girls". I know one former go-go girl who was offended when somebody called her a prostitute. :banghead: She quit dancing, quit freelancing...and now trolls the dating/match-making sites. Doesn't make nearly the money she used to make, but she is no longer a "bar girl" or a "prostitute". :rotl:

Hell, even the girls who service us are PC. Instead of being called "tricks", "johns", etc., were are most-often called "customoers", or (if one supports them to some degree) we are called "boyfriends".

HH

P.S. Seems like we all went over this a couple of years ago.

Cmon OH - you wouldnt travel all over the US to spend time with whores, would you ? Yet t360ers routinely go to different parts of Thailand to meet whores and give them money. We are talking a different type of whore here, and if the job consumes *them*, what does it say about those of us who regularly post details of sexual adventures in Nightlife/Regional Sanuk/Trip Reports ? Can you imagine a board where prostitutes from all over the world came to post details of where to find the best punters and how to get the best buck for their bang ? :smirk:

Its usually not cool to admit that a whore got under your skin on this board, but when we think back, its happened to most of us at some point in Asia. 'Pretty Woman' Hollywoood-style fantasies aside, I doubt that it happens too often with the drug-crazed skanks who go by the name 'whore' in Farangland - YMMV :neener:

"...Cmon OH - you wouldnt travel all over the US to spend time with whores, would you ?..."

Ah, you obviously don't know me very well. I frequently do this. The rest of your post I more less agree with, and have been quite open/honest about the whore who got to me...

Archived