Obama preparing order to close Gitmo

Flashermac

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clinton did not do the crap that Bush has done.

Clinton was impeached and disbarred so I would say that it is Pres. Bush who has not done the crap that Clinton has done.

Andrew Johnson got articles of impeachment for firing appointees that Lincoln had. Barely missed conviction as well. The impeachment was unjustified (the supreme court at the time determined as well as historians). Nixon wasn't impeached and the only reason he quit was because the Senate republicans who were supporting him had no cover to vote against it.

Clinton's impeachment could be seen as vindictive more than violation of law. Impeachment is a political process as well as legal.

I am not in favor of pursuing war crimes myself but I can understand the reasons those who would.

My main worry about the last 8 years is some future President using some of Bush's actions as precedence for his own malfeasance.

Clinton's impeachment could be seen as vindictive more than violation of law. Impeachment is a political process as well as legal.

It is impossible to completely separate politics and the law when analyzing Clinton's impeachment.

His disbarment is a different matter, however.

False. The communications at issue here are those that originate overseas from sources suspected of being terrorists.

I don't object to this surveillance.

Well then you' date=' and I, and President Bush, and the court all agree. I'm glad. Cheers.

[/quote']

rogie, you still haven't said if you think domestic wiretapping without a warrant is okay.

Also rogie, you have not answered your position on Habeas Corpus.

Retard. We are not talking about Habeas Corpus. Can't you stick to the subject?

rogie, all I want is for you to state your position on Habeas Corpus.

As usual you post utter garbage

rogie, can you stick to the topic? What is your position on Habeas Corpus?

Also rogie' date=' you have not answered your position on Habeas Corpus.[/quote']

Retard. We are not talking about Habeas Corpus. Can't you stick to the subject?

rogie, all I want is for you to state your position on Habeas Corpus.

Habeas Corpus has everything to do with Gitmo.

Archived