Obama preparing order to close Gitmo

Flashermac

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't deny it. He just insisted oral sex wasn't really sex. I doubt that Hillary bought his argument.

:hmmm:

I'll spot Bill the BJ/not sex bullshit. Only because some here on this board (at least one of them a serious Clinton hater/neocon (NO, NOT RY)) frequently doink katoeys.

Why is this relevant? because if these people (the one in particular) were running for office, and asked if he ever had gay sex with a transvestite in Thailand, would, in the eyes of most Americans, LIE. In other words, his idea of that act, and most other people's are radically different. As was perhaps Bill's...or else they are both just liars?

He didn't deny it. He just insisted oral sex wasn't really sex. I doubt that Hillary bought his argument.

:hmmm:

I'll spot Bill the BJ/not sex bullshit. Only because some here on this board (at least one of them a serious Clinton hater/neocon (NO' date=' NOT RY)) frequently doink katoeys.

Why is this relevant? because if these people (the one in particular) were running for office, and asked if he ever had gay sex with a transvestite in Thailand, would, in the eyes of most Americans, LIE. In other words, his idea of that act, and most other people's are radically different. As was perhaps Bill's...or else they are both just liars? [/quote']

What you describe, sounds to me similar to some who attend AA meetings. Alchol is wrong even though when they were a drunk it was okay.

Obama acts on Guantanamo trials

Barack Obama has requested the suspension of all military tribunals at Guantanamo Bay, in his first major act as the new US president.

The request would halt proceedings in 21 pending cases, including one against five men accused of plotting the 11 September 2001 attacks.

The halt would give Mr Obama time to review the tribunal process.

The new president is beginning his first working day by meeting economic advisers and top military commanders.

Link

Obama acts on Guantanamo trials

Barack Obama has requested the suspension of all military tribunals at Guantanamo Bay, in his first major act as the new US president.

The request would halt proceedings in 21 pending cases, including one against five men accused of plotting the 11 September 2001 attacks.

The halt would give Mr Obama time to review the tribunal process.

The new president is beginning his first working day by meeting economic advisers and top military commanders.

Link

Gitmo has become a national disgrace resonating side by side with the national black marks acquired for setting up Indian reservations and for detention center set up during WWII for USA citizens with Italian, Japanese, etc. heritage.

With regards to the prisoners who were taken during the inital fighting with Afghanistan as well as others, any information they have produced is dated and there is no new information that can be obtained.

It seems a lot of the detainees are kept just because they fought against us and the fear if released they'll do so again.

I recall an advocate for the release of them saying that their names and faces are well documented and they could not get a visa to go anywhere again. At least not in the west and they will be on the radar of every intelligence agency and secret police in the Middle East. Basically, they are of no use to al Qaida and others. I don't now how true that is but I can see the point being made.

It just appears that as a government the Bush administration was caught betwween not having enough evidence to get a conviction but not wanting to see them free to cause possible problems down the road. Therefore we ended up playing 'footsy' with our laws for expediency sake.

This doesn't even take into account the ones that are innocent and are being held on mere suspicion due to something coincidental such as a shared name, wrong place, wrong time, etc.

Archived