Sponsors - random opinion

HeartThais

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Directed at all who say that sponsorship has increased:

- Is this really so? What's the evidence?

- If it has increased, what's the reason?

More just the opinion of silly sods who listen to what BGs tell them, IMHO. 55555555555

After all, what better sales pitch is there than "everybody's doing it!"

Chers,

SD

Noy was an ex Kings Castle employee so although she angled for large sums ,they werent coming from me .But she gave me a lot of her spare time when i was in town (when she was a FL)so i didnt mind the occasional note but no regular large amounts ,but i suspect others were sending regular amounts monthly ,she was a hot looker .But her drawback was she was slow and witless and not ruthless enough to hit the jackpot.

Just think of the Nigerian scam emails. :deal:

I don't think that they scammers earn much with them. I haven't got one since 1-2 years...

Link

â??Despite the widespread publicity of the fraudulent nature of these scams' date=' research conducted by the Queensland Police Service has revealed Queenslanders are sending around [b']$600,000 per month[/b] to countries like Nigeria and West Africa.

â??These are victims falling hook, line and sinker to people promising them fast or easy money over the internet.â?Â

Since 2005, the number of victims losing large sums of money to these scams has drastically increased.

found thi son the A-Z of scams on stickmans

quote in part >>

Sponsorship

Perhaps the most peculiar of all scams is sponsorship.

Upon his return to Farangland the love sick 'sponsor' begins sending money to the Thai girl he has just met on holiday. Motives vary but the usual suspects seem to be that the farang hopes that the money will enable the girl to have sufficient money not to have to work the bar and perhaps return home to her rural village where there will be no farang to tempt her to stray.

Firstly, the idea that you can pay a girl to restrict her emotional and sexual life is morally repugnant. That said, life has its ways and you can be sure that money from abroad has no way of fettering these girls.

I have had the pleasure during 3 recent trips of observing the career of two young sisters from Isaan. Arriving in Patong a mere 18 months ago they began by working in a bar off Bangla. Pretty and personable they are not short of admirers and currently have around 6 men each who regularly send them money from abroad. The only significant alteration to their behaviour has been that the money frees them from bar work and enables them to work as freelancers in Patong's discos where of course they meet other farangs. They do this every night. When I ask why the sponsors send money they shrug shoulders in incomprehension. One then states that she thinks it may be to keep her from working but then says 'itâ??s never enough', and she is right.

These girls were brought to Patong by their mother who was clearly aware that their beauty was a great asset. Thailandâ??s great peasant population retains the extended family system which has its strengths and weaknesses. If granny is poor and sick then the whole family must help out. Children are made exceedingly aware of the 'debt' to their parents for bringing them up and their responsibility to poorer family members. The family has a large percentage claim on whatever money the girl brings in. Therefore however much a sponsor sends, it is 'never enough' to stop working as the families needs rise accordingly.

I stated earlier that I thought that this was the most peculiar of all scams as the farang usually enters it voluntarily and willingly. The girls I mentioned are young and still a little romantic and currently see the farang as friends sending money. More hardened girls will actively cultivate sponsors and escalate demands for money with invented woes of family illnesses etc (the 'sick buffalo' scenario).

Sin Soht

Sin Soht is a dowry, usually cash and gold given to the brideâ??s family on the occasion of their virgin daughterâ??s first wedding. However, some unscrupulous families have attempted to extend the tradition to encompass farang suitors of worn out bar girls.

Do not pay sin soht unless;

1. You are Thai

2. Itâ??s her first marriage and she is a virgin

I personally have no medieval hang ups about brides being virgins, I am merely outlining what sin soht is supposed to be about. Messing about flirting with 40+ year old hotel girls, they thought it was hilariously funny when I suggested I pay sin soht to marry them.

Archived