Most affluent (Thai) people are cautious in their spending

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM is a Quantity Surveyor who hates both :)

However I know what MM is saying, I have met a few people who have qualified as both an Engineer and then as an Architect. All have been crap at their jobs.

My theory is that an Architect should have flair and creativity and ignore the fact that what he is designing isn't practical or buildable in some cases. Whereas an Engineer needs alway's to be practical and look at things from a buildability and efficiency point of view.

I can't see how someone can do both without compromising one or the other and that's why people like this often turn out to be crap at their jobs.

On the other hand he may have qualified as an Engineer and realised he was not very good at it and thus decided to take up architecture.

My theory is that an Architect should have flair and creativity and ignore the fact that what he is designing isn't practical or buildable in some cases. Whereas an Engineer needs alway's to be practical and look at things from a buildability and efficiency point of view.

I can't see how someone can do both without compromising one or the other and that's why people like this often turn out to be crap at their jobs....

Thanks Teddy, couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbup:

Archived