Most affluent (Thai) people are cautious in their spending

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most affluent people are cautious in their spending

"All 447 respondents in our survey earn at least Bt75' date='000 a month," Noppadon Kannika said as the head of ABAC Social Innovation in Management and Business Analysis Research Centre. "They are between 30 and 49 years old".

[/quote']

I fully agree that Thais have misconceptions on farang salaries, but I fear that also work both ways.

Looking around my in-laws and kids, I see salaries upto 180K per month with a brother in law who is a civil engineer architect working for a Finnish company in BKK.

Wife left her job 5 years ago at 55K per month.

"affluent" with 75K per month ?? not in my book, but YMMV.

BB

Indeed, 75K would be just bearable....but then you have to look at the average wage of 20K per month....

What astonishes me is all the folks working in restaurants, shops, hotels and bars for 4-8K per month...how do they survive? I can easily spend that on a good night out!

What astonishes me is all the folks working in restaurants, shops, hotels and bars for 4-8K per month...how do they survive? I can easily spend that on a good night out!

By living 5 to a (likely fairly squalid) room, living on street food, catching buses and shopping at street markets.

It's why bar girls go mental for those ping pong balls worth about 20b to them.

i know FLs and BGs that tried to go straight in eateries and they didnt last long on 8k a month.

they were soon back on their backs on bigger salaries. they hate being gallees but the reality overcomes them . slaving away for 10hours a day with a rotten boss that treats them like dogs ..

its a cruel world in LOS .

I can name two american inventors, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison, who have probably invented more things in their lifetime than the sum total of Thai inventions throughout history.

The question was INVENTIONS not INVENTORS but since you Americans cant even spell English correctly I am not surprised you don't understand it.

So what the hell did Franklin Invent?

I'm sorry. I forgot that the English can't google, otherwise, I would have listed the inventions, which are numerous, instead of the inventors. For starters, Franklin invented the Franklin stove, bifocals, lightning rods , library chair, swim fins, daylight savings time and something you might find useful in old age, a catheter.

The article confirms what I have observed with the middle class (I don't consider them "affluent) Thai people I work with who make as much or more as described in the article. None are spendthrifts and they work hard and put a large part of their earnings away, in very safe places even if return is very small.

TH

Archived