When the Muslim population increases...

cavanami

It amazes me that more and more humans seem to lack the quality of empathy. The phenomenon seems to be accelerating at a great rate. I wonder why that is? Could the "nuts" who were saying our enthralment with violent entertainment causes this actually be correct?

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wouldn't like it if my street got over run with french or australians.

Thanks, LP - sleep will not come easily tonite. I dont know how they manage it, but I swear that French backpackers are getting louder and louder, particularly the women. Every country I visit, a French woman appears out of nowhere and begins whining loudly about something or other - never fails. Throw in my low opinion of Gen Y here in Oz (spoilt kiddies who never look like leaving home ..) and your vision is no more palatable to me than it is to you. :smirk:

It amazes me that more and more humans seem to lack the quality of empathy. The phenomenon seems to be accelerating at a great rate. I wonder why that is? Could the "nuts" who were saying our enthralment with violent entertainment causes this actually be correct?

Cheers,

SD

I feel a strong empathy towards all the millions who are slaves under islam.

>>sure, but would you live in a street full of of muslims and mosques. answer honestly. you are an infidel, no matter how agreeable your attitude towards them is.

...yes, of course I would ... without a second's hesitation... why ever not?? You see, I'm the same species as them - human beings. You absolutely amaze me. I now can see your true racist colours - presumably your answer would be an unequivocal "No" to living in such a street. It's obvious that you have the antisocial problem, not the Muslims.

In Oz I have a house (admittedly I only spend 2-3 mths of year there) quite close to an Islamic college (presumably there's a mosque nearby... don't quite know where), and I see quite a few Muslims mainly Malay and dark skinned Somalis I suspect in hijabs. part of life's rich tapestry None of em ever done me any harm at all. Very good neighbours. I have visited about 15 Muslim countries in my life... in the last 12 months Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Sharjah. Charming friendly people everywhere, as were the several groups of Israelis I trekked with in Turkey a few months ago.

Have you ever even bothered to get to know a Muslim?

:beer:

And would you like to be part of a minority group in your own country ? Where Muslims are running the country and you have no say ? You may scoff, but this could be the future.

>>I feel a strong empathy towards all the millions who are slaves under islam.

... hear, hear. I feel a strong sympathy towards all the millions who are slaves under ALL religions! From ludicrous Sharia laws, to nutcase Mormons and Plymouth Brethren, through Orthdox Jews wearing funny hats and making their wives shave their heads bald, to Hindus praying to monkeys for fertility.

Religion is the opium of the masses.

I simply dislike the currently fashionable singling out of Muslims as scapegoats and the object of hate.

:beer

>>And would you like to be part of a minority group in your own country ? Where Muslims are running the country and you have no say ? You may scoff, but this could be the future.

... I doubt it in my own country. Religious fanaticism stems from ignorance. It's up to western governments to educate their populations in a secular and enlightened way. One thing the US founding fathers got right was separation of state from religion. The UK and Australian governments for example subsidize religious schools... absofuckinglutely ridiculous IMO. If parents want to brainwash their kids, let them pay every last cent themselves! When kids sit next to each other in class from grade one, they have less chance of inheriting their parents prejudices.

Muslim bashing simply drives teenagers and others into a defensive tribal response, and prevents assimilation. Paki bashing skinheads of the 70's 80s, yobbos spitting on Muslim women and tearing off their hijabs after 911 etc perhaps begot Muslim gangs today.

May not be back to this thread for a while. Gotta pack for flight back to Disneyworld. :yay:

:beer:

Archived