Banks sought foreign workers

cavanami

Farkin USA business/gov...sticking it to the US citizen...again!!! Mutherfarkers!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/AP-Investigation-Banks-sought-apf-14217348.html

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Banks collecting billions of dollars in federal bailout money sought government permission to bring thousands of foreign workers to the U.S. for high-paying jobs, according to an Associated Press review of visa applications.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and 18 year old duaghter already have permanent residency visas. Where do they sign up? I have a pecking order of occupations that I hate. Usually, lawyers is at the top but over the last few years, bankers have been making a run for that position.

Why assume that all needs can be filled with Americans? I mean I'm sure that you can always find an American to do the job. But for highly specialized positions, it might be much more efficient to source from overseas. A phd in applied math with expert C++ skills are easier to find in China/Russia than in the US.

Why assume that all needs can be filled with Americans? I mean I'm sure that you can always find an American to do the job. But for highly specialized positions, it might be much more efficient to source from overseas. A phd in applied math with expert C++ skills are easier to find in China/Russia than in the US.

A lot of discussion in Silicon Valley about this. American Uni's are simply not graduating enough tech grads to fill positions in the valley. Tech isn't looking for bailouts, but they would like to see more gov't investment in tech innovation (basic research) and education in the US. Otherwise, the US comapnies or going to lose their competitive edge, or they will simply move all R&D offshore.

A lot of aircraft repair facilities regularly use "imported" labor/guest workers to repair aircraft here. One place, was raided by the feds and was found to have hired people with fraudulaent documents, and criminal records...some from "hostile nations." Plenty of people who do this work, are out of work and would love those jobs. Tell, me, what is the logic here?

Archived