Travel - agony and ecstasy ..

gobbledonk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never suffered from jetlag either...but of course I sometimes force myself to adjust immediately my internal clock -> means if I land at 1am, even if I didn't sleep for 24h, I go sleept at the normal local time.

You might be a bit wasted and useless the day of your arrival but afterwards this is fine.

I'll spend between 24 to 30 hours of travel time which includes flight time,transits and time at the airports, US to Thailand. Its not too bad, as there are breaks between flight segments.

Economy class sucks, but biz or first class would be rather enjoyable if I could afford it everytime.

I actually enjoy biz class when I upgrade with mileage. I almost always fly asian airlines, which I just find more enjoyable with excellent service and good attitudes from staff :thumbup:

The "jet lag diet" says...no caffine, no alcohol for 24 hours before the flight, during the flight and after the flight.

Drink water, juice and tough it out.

I have scientifically tried all possible options between getting drunk close to unconsciousness or drinking still water reading the bible : it makes no difference .

I'm looking forward to my flight from mci-lax-tapei-BKK on March 3, if only because I remember my last flight in October (arriving the afternoon before flight at BKK airport to pick up my dog, staying at airport overnight with dog and then have a 7 hour layover in Minn. on the way to mci). My flight next October will have my wife and close to 2 year old son with me. So, this flight March 3, even though it is about 19 hours total, should be a breeze!

Every January I meet a man from Florida in BKK , he travels as follows :

Miami -> New York

New York -> Frankfurt

Frankfurt -> Singapore

Singapore -> Bangkok

All in one ride , reason is that he wishes to use his miles on SIA . While I could imagine it would somehow tolerable inbound due to a strong desire to see his GF , the way back should be pure torture .

Archived