Demoncrats Pushing the US Off a Cliff

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Byrd does have a point. I have an issue with 'advisors' and such at the white house whom have are outside the 'advise and consent' parameters of cabinet heads.

These guys are privy to sensitive information, sometimes secret information that they are not officially cleared. Information that senators on committees for that issue are not privy to.

I've long said that if such a person commits any treasonous or illegal acts with that information the President should be culpable as well even if the President was not party to the act.

In my opinion ANY person the President allows to be present when top secret discussions are going on or is given such information then he has to bear the responsibility of their actions.

Karl Rove was not elected or confirmed by any body but I would be shocked if he was not privy to some of the most sensitive information.

Chief of staff is a powerful position as well. The president has the right to pick his own personal staff but I also think he should be held partially if not fully responsible for their actions.

"The buck stops here" Harry Truman.

All this happened under the Bush watch.

Before blaming the people trying to fix this mess, try learning how it happened and why.

I suggest my USA friends watch the full one hour version of Inside the Meltdown Frontline - from PBS.

Here's a clip:

LINK

On this board, facts sometimes get in the way of opinions.

I suggest my USA friends watch the full one hour version of Inside the Meltdown Frontline - from PBS.

I think most people know how it happened. But you're talking about people (not just Americans) with little patience and short attention spans. Right now they're in blame mode. If they get through that OK they will be looking for some kind of instant fix that pleases everybody.

I think most people know how it happened. But you're talking about people (not just Americans) with little patience and short attention spans. Right now they're in blame mode. If they get through that OK they will be looking for some kind of instant fix that pleases everybody.

It happens because of incidents like this...

So if I get this right... "...Demoncrats Pushing the US Off a Cliff..." and it is a\ALL 100% Obama's and the Dem's fault. o.k. got it.

Of course' date=' he is running the country since Jan. 12, that's almost 6 weeks - and just have look at the unemployment rate and the stock market since he took office.

GWB needed for such a crash almost eight years.*

;)

* I wonder when the GOP will start to use this argument...

:drunk::yikes: [/quote']

I know...six weeks......trillion dollars spent. What a guy!

So the answer is what? Spend a trillion dollars? Spend' date=' Spend, Spend. These 4 years are going to be fun![/quote']

If nothing was done, where would the stock market be today?

I think help should be provided but the help should go to the people instead of big businesses.

Oh BT, please tell me you're not that naive and think the people up the food chain aren't getting their "cut".

Archived