Demoncrats Pushing the US Off a Cliff

Hugh_Hoy

So the answer is what? Spend a trillion dollars? Spend' date=' Spend, Spend. These 4 years are going to be fun![/quote']

If nothing was done, where would the stock market be today?

I think help should be provided but the help should go to the people instead of big businesses.

Oh BT, please tell me you're not that naive and think the people up the food chain aren't getting their "cut".

Yes you are right, a lot of people are getting their "cut" and that includes Conservatives. :neener:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the answer is what? Spend a trillion dollars? Spend, Spend, Spend. These 4 years are going to be fun!

First off, where the hell have you been? we didn't hear from you for ages, you didn't call, or write...anyway, welcome back.

Now, interesting question is what is Obama did nothing, just let the free market run it's course? That could have been interesting! It might have been a disaster, OR, it might have forced these guys who do the piss poor job of running these companies to make some tough choices.

Blame whoever and all you want, the fact is, the people running this show are the corporate greed heads. They knowing fucked this up full well knowing they were going to get a free hand out from the bitches they put in office, be they Dems or Repubs... do you really think ANY leader has the balls to do what must be done to stop these guys and straighten this mess out? Regardless of what you do, some private interest with big bucks is going to be pissed and cry foul.

YF was giving the new President a honeymoon period...not criticizing to give the man a chance.

Now, however, that a full six weeks have gone by he feels that Obama should have been able to reverse Bush's diastrous 8 year reign (while hoping it has been long enough that we forget all this happened under his fearless leader). Since it has now been 6 long weeks he feels comfortable in blasting the new President for not yet being able to turn around the global recession and pretend what is happening now has anything to do with what Obama has done in his 40-odd days in office.

Well...at least we got six weeks before the nonsense began.

YF was giving the new President a honeymoon period...not criticizing to give the man a chance.

Now, however, that a full six weeks have gone by he feels that Obama should have been able to reverse Bush's diastrous 8 year reign (while hoping it has been long enough that we forget all this happened under his fearless leader). Since it has now been 6 long weeks he feels comfortable in blasting the new President for not yet being able to turn around the global recession and pretend what is happening now has anything to do with what Obama has done in his 40-odd days in office.

Well...at least we got six weeks before the nonsense began.

YF took the bait I gave with my 6 weeks remark. Obviously YF has no idea how a stimulus works, otherwise he would know that for example all infrastructure work (bridges, schools, railways, whatever) needs months or years and lot of planning and prepartion until the money can be spend (and job are being created).

:content:

YF took the bait I gave with my 6 weeks remark. Obviously YF has no idea how a stimulus works, otherwise he would know that for example all infrastructure work (bridges, schools, railways, whatever) needs months or years and lot of planning and prepartion until the money can be spend (and job are being created).

:content:

On the other hand, many states already had works in progress that were stopped for lack of cash and others ready to fund...projects that could be restarted/started within a week. Of course, it's a lot easier to just fly across the country and throw bundles of dollars out of a plane.

Now, back to Obama's first BIG lie--no earmarks. He could not stress that enough...that and "accountability". Well, he's indicated that he will sign a budget containing 3.8-7.7 BILLION $ of PORK. And absolutely no sign of "accountability".

I had a real laugh here: "Sen. Dan Inouye, D-Hawaii, chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, said McCain's call to hold spending level with a year ago "doesn't account for inflation." As an example, he said some programs would have to be cut if federal workers were to receive a pay raise." Well, the guy must think everybody is a retarded Demoncrat who believes this bullshit.

White House reaction was predictably stupid.

This Congress and Prez make Bush look like a piker. Folks could compare Bush with Scrooge compared to Obama and his little elves. (Ooops! I guess Barney Frank is a "fairy"--not an elf.)

Hang on...over the cliff we go !!! Wheeeeeeeee !!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090303/ap_on_go_co/congress_spending

HH

I am upset at the earmarks. I had hoped the Dems would have done a better job and I'm disappointed.

That said, would the Republicans have been any different? I don't think so.

I think its pervasive in BOTH parties. '00-'06 Republican controled congress tells me that. I'm not excusing the Democrats. Certainly not. This budget, which is being closely scrutinized, was an opportunity to show the country they could be accountable and not go back to the same old politics.

Well all I know is I was told by my tax preparer that California would be delayed in paying me the $600 they owe me. Could be a long wait...of course if I owed them it would be a different story. Already re figured my with holdings for next year, and should break even or owe them...in the mean time fuck them, I want my money to stimulate the economy!

Archived