Demoncrats Pushing the US Off a Cliff

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am upset at the earmarks. I had hoped the Dems would have done a better job and I'm disappointed.

That said, would the Republicans have been any different? I don't think so.

Yep, me too...

The thing is, Obama rode a "I'm different" wave....he's already looking like a dick. The man of principles is looking unprincipled. Republicans are just stupid, so nothing would surprise me, but I'd expected more from Obama.

As an aside....Earmarks are concessions....now does anyone know what the earmarks are for or is it a right-wing interpretation? Just curious..

I hope it was alot more than 1. If I remember right, we got 600 bucks per adult and 300 per kid. Depending on your situation, you could have stimulated a whole village. ;)

no, didn't spend it all in one Bush

All this happened under the Bush watch.

Yep, but it doesn't mean he's solely responsible or is entirely to blame. Demoncrats have controlled Congress and it's committees for over two years. I hope that you don't think that Congress isn't blameless.

HH

Well all I know is I was told by my tax preparer that California would be delayed in paying me the $600 they owe me. Could be a long wait...of course if I owed them it would be a different story. Already re figured my with holdings for next year, and should break even or owe them...in the mean time fuck them, I want my money to stimulate the economy!

Blame it on a Demoncrat legislature which for decades has ruled in CA. I'm tellin' ya, all it knows is how to borrow, borrow, borrow and spend, spend, spend. A bunch of fuckwits.

HH

All this happened under the Bush watch.

Yep' date=' but it doesn't mean he's solely responsible or is entirely to blame. Demoncrats have controlled Congress and it's committees for over two years. I hope that you don't think that Congress isn't blameless.

HH

[/quote']

Wouldn't "Control" mean having a filibuster-proof majority and/or >50% and a president who won't veto your bills (or something like that).

Don't recall the Dems having either for the last 28 years.

I am upset at the earmarks. I had hoped the Dems would have done a better job and I'm disappointed.

That said, would the Republicans have been any different? I don't think so.

I am surprised to see that you are suprised that the Dems and the Reps did not lower the earmarks.

Hoyer to W.H.: Hands off our earmarks

By: Alex Isenstadt

March 3, 2009 12:10 PM EST

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer has a blunt message for the White House on the issue of earmarks: Back off.

On Monday, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs hinted that the White House would be pushing for earmark reform, telling reporters: "I think that you'll see that the president is going to draw some very clear lines about what's going to happen going forward.

But Hoyer made clear Tuesday that he would have none of it.

[color:red]While the White House can â??suggest ways for us to reform,â? Hoyer said, â??I donâ??t think the White House has the ability to tell us what to.â?Â[/color]

Politico

Archived