More Obama Bullsh$t

cavanami

PS: Politico had an interesting discussion over the weekend:

In confronting Obama's grand plans, should Republicans pursue the Limbaugh strategy of all-out struggle, or the Eric Cantor/Gingrich strategy of offering better alternatives?

Interestingly except one writer, right or left say that the GOP neither has a leader currently nor does it offer valuable solutions to the current crisis.

The GOP can be very glad that they don't have to run the country at the moment because they weren't able to do so...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a real leadership battle brewing in the GOP.

Steele Takes On Rush Limbaugh: "Ugly," "Incendiary"

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele took umbrage Saturday night when CNN's D.L. Hughley referred to radio host Rush Limbaugh as "the de facto leader of the Republican party."

"No he's not. I'm the de facto leader of the Republican party," Steele said. The RNC chief went on to call Limbaugh, who that very day delivered the keynote address to the Conservative Political Action Conference, a mere "entertainer" whose show is "incendiary" and "ugly."

On his radio show today, Limbaugh fired back, calling the RNC and Michael Steele "so-called Republicans" and saying that they "need a little leadership."

"So I am an entertainer and I have 20 million listeners because of my great song and dance routine," Limbaugh said. "Michael Steele, you are head of the Republican National Committee. You are not head of the Republican party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the Republican National Committee...and when you call them asking for money, they hang up on you."

"I hope that changes," Limbaugh continued. "It's time, Mr. Steele, for you to go behind the scenes and start doing the work that you were elected to do instead of being some talking-head media star."

UPDATE: Rush continued firing shots at Steele later in the show.

"I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be," he said. "[color:red]I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in a sad-sack state that it's in.[/color] If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit."

Rush then mocked those who have criticized him for saying he wants Obama to fail, and directly challenged them to choose: You either want Obama to succeed or fail at his goal of dismantling conservatism.

"So send those fundraising requests out," Rush said in a sneering tone, in an apparent reference to Steele, adding: "Make sure you say, `We want Obama to succeed.' So people understand your compassion."

HuffPo

---

With Rush on it's side the RNC doesn't need outside enemies. The Dems are extremely happy about Rush (the first time is 30 years), because Rush is putting of women, the middle class, minorities, and anybody else who isn't a hardcore, fundamental conservative. Rush is even pushing moderate conservatives out of the GOP...

:soapbox:

There is a real leadership battle brewing in the GOP.

Steele Takes On Rush Limbaugh: "Ugly," "Incendiary"

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele took umbrage Saturday night when CNN's D.L. Hughley referred to radio host Rush Limbaugh as "the de facto leader of the Republican party."

"No he's not. I'm the de facto leader of the Republican party," Steele said. The RNC chief went on to call Limbaugh, who that very day delivered the keynote address to the Conservative Political Action Conference, a mere "entertainer" whose show is "incendiary" and "ugly."

On his radio show today, Limbaugh fired back, calling the RNC and Michael Steele "so-called Republicans" and saying that they "need a little leadership."

"So I am an entertainer and I have 20 million listeners because of my great song and dance routine," Limbaugh said. "Michael Steele, you are head of the Republican National Committee. You are not head of the Republican party. Tens of millions of conservatives and Republicans have nothing to do with the Republican National Committee...and when you call them asking for money, they hang up on you."

"I hope that changes," Limbaugh continued. "It's time, Mr. Steele, for you to go behind the scenes and start doing the work that you were elected to do instead of being some talking-head media star."

UPDATE: Rush continued firing shots at Steele later in the show.

"I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be," he said. "I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in a sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit."

Rush then mocked those who have criticized him for saying he wants Obama to fail, and directly challenged them to choose: You either want Obama to succeed or fail at his goal of dismantling conservatism.

"So send those fundraising requests out," Rush said in a sneering tone, in an apparent reference to Steele, adding: "Make sure you say, `We want Obama to succeed.' So people understand your compassion."

HuffPo

---

With Rush on it's side the RNC doesn't need outside enemies. The Dems are extremely happy about Rush (the first time is 30 years), because Rush is putting of women, the middle class, minorities, and anybody else who isn't a hardcore, fundamental conservative. Rush is even pushing moderate conservatives out of the GOP...

:soapbox:

cue in picture of Obama, Clinton, Pelosi and Reid and one of them uttering "....Operation Chaos is going ahead smoothly" pull back and all you hear is the manaical mad scientist laugh from any number of movies.

[for those not in the know Limbaugh asked Republicans to vote for Clinton in the primaries to disrupt the Dems and called it operation chaos]

PS: Politico had an interesting discussion over the weekend:

In confronting Obama's grand plans, should Republicans pursue the Limbaugh strategy of all-out struggle, or the Eric Cantor/Gingrich strategy of offering better alternatives?

Interestingly except one writer, right or left say that the GOP neither has a leader currently nor does it offer valuable solutions to the current crisis.

The GOP can be very glad that they don't have to run the country at the moment because they weren't able to do so...

I would love for them to do the latter. Like most Americans all I want is for the government to work. I don't care who comes up with the right answer. Just get the answer.

The Republicans either look too similar to the Dems to some folks and to other folks don't seem to offer any solutions just rhetoric.

Hannity left the Republican party a year ago because they were not living up to their ideology.

A lot of Republicans are supporting a party that doesn't do what it claims it stands for.

Dems have a great opportunity that they would be best advised not to squander. By that I mean by keeping with some of the practices that everyone is wary of. Specifically special interest, lobbyists, etc.

I can hear Rush now saying his favorite expression Operation Chaos!.

I would say Rush, Hannity, and Lavine have lost it completely after the Presidential election. They have nothing worthwhile to talk about except how they hate Obama. They want Obama to fail in the worst way possible. They don't care what it takes to make him fail.

That's what Bush's speech writer is saying on Rush:

And for the leader of the Republicans? A man who is aggressive and bombastic, cutting and sarcastic, who dismisses the concerned citizens in network news focus groups as â??losers.â? With his private plane and his cigars, his history of drug dependency and his personal bulk, not to mention his tangled marital history, Rush is a walking stereotype of self-indulgence â?? exactly the image that Barack Obama most wants to affix to our philosophy and our party. And weâ??re cooperating! Those images of crowds of CPACers cheering Rushâ??s every rancorous word â?? weâ??ll be seeing them rebroadcast for a long time.

David Frum

:content:

The upcoming weeks will be interesting. ;)

Obama is running his program while the GOP makes the headlines with slitting each other´s throats.

Until the USA wakes up and runs off the lobbyists, runs off the illegals, runs off the useless politicians, gets our troops back in the USA to help out the USA that badly needs help...

nothing will change.

Prez. O said he was about "change", OK, let's get started!!!

Shame on you! He has already started....he has spent more money in one month than any other person in the HISTORY of mankind. How can even the most leftist of lefties stomache that?

He's also put lobbyists in charge of the bailouts...not to mention his Treasury Sec. wedded to the financial giants begging for handouts. His "pork czar" must be among the unemployed. All indications are that his spending spree is loaded with pork.

"Change" my ass. More like "same, same". Wait...more like "more, more"

HH

Archived