How to enjoy suk and not think you on Suk

AloyMak

Now I know there are more adventuruous and suk-travelled people out there. I ususally stay between Thonglor and nana.

For A wendesday night:

1) Drinks at cheap charlies and marvel at all the farang girls you see in one place... smiling and enjoying themselves.

2) Enjoy some drinks and snacks under a canoppied deck at Zanzibar (Soi 11) listening to some ligh jazz. Have a glass of wine and chill.

3) 9pm, head over to Senor Pico's at the Rembrandt soi 18. Check out the live cuban sounds of their quartet, Fascination. On wedesdays, a dance instructor is on hand to lend his energy and experience to the dancefloor. The staff all dane too! The food is ok, and toned down a bit (not a lot of cilantro, sauses are bit oversweet). You'll swear you are on vacation somewhere else.

4) After you milked the drinks enough, head to Bed supperclub on soi 11 where they pump latin music (left side) on wednesday nights. Shake out your new moves.

5) When you've had enough go the top-floop open-air bar at Le Felix (Nest). Take off your shoes and socks and walk across the area covered in fine white sand, plop down on a bed. With your feet in the sand, enjoy a slow drink with the cityskyline all around you.

That's what I did on Wednesday and it was a fantastic respite from the beerbars and whatnot.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the nightmare I am living.....

. drink at a random bar, not being impressed by the chicks

. Enjoy a glass of Rioja wine or whatever under the skyline...with some jazz (live band)

. Head to a good Cuban restaurant with a live Cuban band

. Head to the posh and hiso "pacha" disco (for my defence I never go to disco except this time it was a company official party). Plenty of hot farang girls...just mind your wallet

. buy a cheap flight to Malaga or Barcelona to get your sandy beach

All in all, I was far more happy during my expat time in my seedy bars in BKK...

I would even be more happy now that I don't need to go the bars anymore

Now I know there are more adventuruous and suk-travelled people out there. I ususally stay between Thonglor and nana.

For A wendesday night:

1) Drinks at cheap charlies and marvel at all the farang girls you see in one place... smiling and enjoying themselves.

2) Enjoy some drinks and snacks under a canoppied deck at Zanzibar (Soi 11) listening to some ligh jazz. Have a glass of wine and chill.

3) 9pm, head over to Senor Pico's at the Rembrandt soi 18. Check out the live cuban sounds of their quartet, Fascination. On wedesdays, a dance instructor is on hand to lend his energy and experience to the dancefloor. The staff all dane too! The food is ok, and toned down a bit (not a lot of cilantro, sauses are bit oversweet). You'll swear you are on vacation somewhere else.

4) After you milked the drinks enough, head to Bed supperclub on soi 11 where they pump latin music (left side) on wednesday nights. Shake out your new moves.

5) When you've had enough go the top-floop open-air bar at Le Felix (Nest). Take off your shoes and socks and walk across the area covered in fine white sand, plop down on a bed. With your feet in the sand, enjoy a slow drink with the cityskyline all around you.

That's what I did on Wednesday and it was a fantastic respite from the beerbars and whatnot.

[color:brown]I am with you for 100% - I just go to Cheap Charlies as my last stop on this tour.

Nice weekend to Y'all[/color]

me three - cheers! :beer:

can't help comment a bit offtopic on drogon again though: if you've lived in bkk again say 1year with your gf & still been hitting the 'seedy side' a bit on & off I'd say more & more often you'd start longing for a night out like aloymak desribed so nicely - in fact for the 'dane' stuff add stable lodge on soi 8 - easy going pool side bbqs!!!

what's so great (well probably until living there for a while & get fed up) is that apart from the home grown scene there's an almost as authentic 'latin' side of town as in cuban bar with cuban band you get my drift - latin girls dancing real... :hubba:

now what 'authentic' alternative does bkk have? :hmmm: no I didn't mean 'white' vs 'brown' whores!

Archived