How to enjoy suk and not think you on Suk

AloyMak

Been living three years in total as an expat in BKK.

The first two ones I was on expat package and behaved like a bad boy, no strings attached and fooling around (except when I tried dating a few GTG)

I never grew bored with the clubs, cocktails lounges and karaoke...

Maybe my age had something to do with that but I would also say that culturally I was more in "harmony" than I had ever been before...I suppose I always felt different in a negative way in the West while in Asia, although a foreigner too I felt at home...

This explains probably why I wish so much to go back to Asia and end up my days there...

I never missed any latino, English or whatever culture thing...

Also, I dislike zanzibar, bed club, Cuban music etc...

Feel far more happy in a Gclub, coliseum, German brewery etc...

During my time in Africa (which offers far less comfort than LOS) I also noticed a big "nostalgia/blues" for all western stuff from the other expats while I also felt "out of place" I never felt the western blues.

I suppose that having an Asian physical apparence helps a lot feeling more at ease in Asia than in the west (at least in my case)

Anyway, the OP had a great time so all the best to him

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not an expert on bangkok nightlife or places to go by any stretch of the imagination. I do like places that are out of the ordinary, not necessarily authentic, or even just plain tasteless. If they had one of those medieval castle thingies in bkk with thai people fighting each other in suits of armor while I eat chicken bare-handed, I'd probably check it out.

I am going to check out Tawadang Brewhouse soon. Is the Coliseum closed now?

You know I've never been into a G-club. So they are worth the money? Can you go into one alone?

Tawadang Brewhouse: recommended in group (preferably with Thai people)

Coliseum: Closed for at least 2 years

G clubs: You can of course go alone, even just have a look and leave or just buy one drink

-> don't mistake G clubs (no matter if catering to Thais or to a more international clientele) with Japanese karaokes/bars where you may be refused entry.

Worth the money? Honestly no if you are just looking for sex...

If you are looking for mia nois/paid girlfriends high quality material -> then this is the way to go if you have money to spend or if you are just a fool like I was. (remark: Not a good option for a 2 weeks tourist though)

-> if you want just sex, beer bars, gogo, soi 33, pegasus, MP, oily etc....

:beer:

Yes but at which branch?

http://www.tawandang.co.th/

http://www.bangkokgigguide.com/gows/tawandang_brew_house_bangkok.html

Enjoy your time there, last time I was there with my missus and 7-8 of her friends, bought a bottle of Johnny walker green + a few pints of beer for me, food was correct and we had a great night out...especially when all the girls started to dance around the tables.... (I think the bill was around 5-6k big maximum, this counting we ordered huge amounts of food, tried a few cocktails and I drank a lot of beer)

:yikes: :hubba:

Just try not to be the only foreigner close to the stage....

:beer:

Drogon, I'm afraid my memories of Tawan Deng are hazy - I *believe* I was there a couple of weeks ago, but somewhere between the third and fourth yard glass I seem to have lost most of my braincells. The band seem to do the same material every single time - I guess thats part of the place's appeal - but they had a few more 'guest artists' on stage than I recall from the June visit. The Thais do seem to adore the place, if the conga line was any indication, and it probably has the highest proportion of Farang of any venue outside a 5km radius around Suk.

it probably has the highest proportion of Farang of any venue outside a 5km radius around Suk.

As the crow flies Tawandang Rama III is 4.65 KM from Sukhumvit / Asoke Junction and its 5.2 KM to drive it (thanks to Google Earth). Quite a lot of the Farangs who go to Tawandang are expats who happen to live in the area and not tourists. The number of farang expats living here has rocketed the past 4-5 years or so.

Archived