Thefts at Bangkok Airport

Hamokhamok

Same in the Boston Logan airport. Thieves are everywhere. I was working Boston Logan ramp when the big credit card ring at NWA was stealing the cards direct in the bellies of the planes from the US Mail boxes the cards were being sent in. It was said 6 million dollars worth of credit card fraud was done using these cards over a couple of years before the Feds finally caught them. And NEVER keep expensive things in your check-in bags. It is very easy for the baggage handlers to get into the bags that are checked in. Or it used to be before they started placing cameras everywhere. The scam in Boston was the workers would go down in the basement (they had access due to the many baggage 'jams' that would happen on the luggage belts under the buildings) and they would pull off a bag that looked promising, open it and go through it, taking anything of value, and just throw it back on the belt. One guy was targeting laptops that people were checking in rather than carrying on. I heard about this crap all the time, and not just from NWA, but all the airlines had problems with baggage theft. Same at the many freighthouse operations on the airport.

Use the TSA approved luggage locks on all your checked-in luggage (in the US). And carry on 'anything of value' in your laptop computer bag or carry-on bag, or on your person.

Cent

p.s. And yes, JFK was infamous for this sort of theft. Especially the freight operations, where whole truckloads of stuff would be stolen.

Yes, criminals would never be able to obtain a copy of the master key for TSA approved locks. :p

Yeah...give a government employee the only access to your luggage. Same things are happening just a different bunch of criminals. Plus....they have an excuse to go in luggage. When the bag is wide open, no one questions them. They can just take what they want.

"The passenger was alerted that someone was using his designer Samsung mobile, due to a special feature that allows the phone to be tracked even when a new SIM card has been inserted."

Which models have this feature?

Technically it's possible by tracking the IMEI number which is hard coded into the mobile. If it's possible in the real world depends on whether the network operator has the necessary functions implemented. Therefor it should be possible with all models.

This applies to GSM which is the only system I have worked with at the radio level.

ALHOLK

Yes, criminals would never be able to obtain a copy of the master key for TSA approved locks. :p

Yes, well, in the states if you have a different type of lock on your bag the cunts will cut it off (saying they need to get inside for a 'security' check). Simple meanass spite I think. I've had a couple locks cut off by the TSA pricks. So, I went out and bought the TSA approved locks to at least have some sort of friggin' security for my baggage. And no, I don't trust the TSA goofballs and overpaid ex-airline security morons now working TSA jobs. Same idiots... now just working for the feds.

This was the "feature" that AIS kept out foreign phones for the first few years, and kept mobile phones extremely expensive at the same time.

IMEI tracking is possible for all GMS phones - just needs the network operator to cooperate (and user needs to remember the IMEI number too).

Archived