China wants to replace the Dollar as leading currency

kamui

What little I know of San Fransisco bay and the Northern coast is that the currents and winds are supposedly some of the nastiest in the world. WHat river is this where the Chinese wreck was supposedly found?

As for theories, I will not discount any of them. I believe it was Thor Heyerdahl (sp) who proved the Egyptians (?) sailed around in papyrus reed rafts? And previously proved someone else had sailed around in Balsa wood boats or something? Hence, anything is possible.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you carbon date stone tablets? :crazy:

LOL

Indeed....might find a few million years gets added to the equation....the chinese existed at the time of the dinosaurs! Like wow!

As regards Asian DNA, as settlers to South America all probably had their origin in Asia, having passed across the Barring straights, this is hardly a surprise.

...at the very south end of South America, with no DNA being found in other areas of South America, only the places that show that the Chinese landed at specific places in South America.

Even most US American Indians do not have this DNA gene.

Time will tell, just interesting to me...

The earliest known Ship Wreck off the California coast is/was supposedly in the 1500's, a Spanish Galleon returning from Manila. Every so often, a new wreck is found All sorts of cool shit in the water...

I remember some speculation about a peculiar structure in the rocks at Morro Bay that seemed to fit the location of Sir Francis Drake's stay in California in 1579. Nobody much wanted to look into it though.

There is also the legend of a lost galleon in the Salton Sea, swept there by a storm and trapped when the waters receded. Several 19th century travellers wrote of encountering the wreck.

Problem with Menzies is he doesn't distinguish between "possible" and certain. Thor Heyerdahl's Kon Tiki voyage to Easter Island proved his theory of settlers from South America to be possible. All other evidence, however, shows it extremely unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll continue this one since part of it dealt with China becoming the next super power (if they aren't already).

There is a book in China called 'Unhappy China' that is a best seller.

"The book argues that China must stand firm after criticism last year following suppression of violent riots in the Tibetan capital, Lhasa. â??With Chinese national strength growing at an unprecedented rate, China should stop self-debasing and come to recognise the fact that it has the power to lead the world, and the necessity to break away from Western influence."

To be fair, some in China are uncomfortable with the basis of the book. Right now they are a bit shy but I think they will warm to the idea as events unfold in the future.

They will learn that '..heavy is the head that wears the crown'.

They are projecting a wee bit of power. Two Chinese ships from their navy has been excorting and protecting ships from Somali pirates. Its the first chinese naval vessels outside of Asia I heard on CNN.

Archived