Ugliest City

shygye

While it is indeed true that Charleroi is probably not the world's msot beautiful city -> I am sure there are hundreds far more ugly in Russia...all the industrial cities hit by the current crisis.

About "urban safaris" -> they can go to Rio's favelas or quite a few other "cities" in the world (preferably South America or Africa) -> where they don't evne have water and electricity in some places...

If they need "sensations": They just need to book a one way ticket to Tijuana or Caracas...almost guaranteed not to ever come back...alive at least

:beer:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never been to Chicago, but the happy snaps they show of Detroit post-housing meltdown make it look like a very unappealing locale. Team that with the old 'Murder City' tag and spiralling unemployment and you have a recipe for a very scary place.

You said it.

All those other places just *wish* they were as bad-ass as Detroit!

Remember the movie New Jack City? That was Detroit in reality, a composite of YBI and the Chamber Brothers (admitted to by the writers in interviews). Just watched Gran Torino; fairly accurate IMHO (just the races changed from my childhood).

Hey, we got old buildings! Urban ruins.

And soap operas that belong only on the teevee!

So step off all you weak mofos! Detroit is the king of the baddest places on the planet. The rest of y'all are poseurs and we might let you suck our dick if we're feeling nice! :neener:

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

oh dear, detroit is a wannabee once you've been to jo-burg ;):susel: (ok ok not resided there)

pix from a minibus trip into soweto.....deetroyt....perlease!

88-1.jpg

scan0001-4.jpg

Philly, I do believe we are talking first world places, that should not be what they are and the juxtaposition caused by it, na?

Otherwise it is all bullshit and we can just say Khandahar, or Falluja, or Mogadishu, or indeed Jo-burg.

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

south africa is very much a first world country in places and has massive contrasts /socio economic grand canyons like america unlike somalia as an example you gave.

Guest lazyphil

you have a point, i did get out alive. as i did in the nickerson gardens in compton but OH and chocosteve were with me, whos gonna mess with these 2 homeboys!!?

Archived