Ugliest City

shygye

I forgot. Nuance and conceptuality is lost on you. So sorry.

I mean, seriously, did you believe that the original article really meant that they really considered that little Belgian city was the worst place in the world, or just the first or "civilized" world. No one is that insulated.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
south africa is very much a first world country in places

Almost everywhere is a first world country "in places." But that doesn't make it a first world country. FFS, Thailand is far more first world than SA, but it is certainly not on a par with the real first world (e.g., England), is it?

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

not worst but ugliest city is the thread title and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you hyjacked the thread partly bringing in tough guy/baddass city into it, not me!

Guest lazyphil

thailand more developed than south africa?....interesting, not sure, any stats to confirm that. i really doubt it but you could be correct

lp, I think you might wanna use the per capita list unless you rank countries like China, India etc higher than other developed countries like Denmark due to their huge populations?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

but sure you still 'won' as SA is far above LOS - some 50% more productive in fact :up:

and to stay more on thread both also have their share of ugly neighbourhoods I trust - LOS/BKK does for sure - still :(

Archived