Iowa third state to legalize gay marriage.

youngfarang

DES MOINES, Iowa â?? Iowa's Supreme Court legalized gay marriage Friday in a unanimous and emphatic decision that makes Iowa the third state â?? and first in the nation's heartland â?? to allow same-sex couples to wed.

In its decision, the high court upheld a lower court's ruling that found a state law restricting marriage to between a man and woman only violated Iowa's constitution.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090403/ap_on_re_us/iowa_gay_marriage

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigotry is always a bad thing, and the only reason to oppose marriage for *everyone* is bigotry. No matter how you try to dress it up.

You are an American, right? What part of "all the citizens, being equal in [the eyes of the law], are equally admissible to all public dignities, places, and employments, according to their capacity and without distinction other than that of their virtues and of their talents" is ambiguous? That is from the foundation document of our country. If you do not believe in that, then how can you call yourself an American?

Cheers,

SD

Bigotry is always a bad thing, and the only reason to oppose marriage for *everyone* is bigotry. No matter how you try to dress it up.D

It's obvious u don't know the definition of "bigotry". Choose a few on-dictionaries and look it up. Then tell me the same thing. I oppose the term "marriage" referring to pairings/relationships between same-sex couples for reasons other than believing that guys sucking eachothers cocks and putting them in eachother's assholes is gross and perverted. I've explained my position on this before in at least one other thread. To call my position bigoted is very amusing.

HH

I find that gross too, but not my business what they do in their own homes. Doesn't affect me, nor society, in any way.

Your reasoning is just a rationalization. Window-dressing. Whether you find it humourous or not, it is bigotry, Hugh.

Cheers,

SD

Archived