Iowa third state to legalize gay marriage.

youngfarang

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about the kids?

I know several gay couples with kids. Some from their previous hetero relationships, some conceived thru other means while in homosexual relationships, and some adopted.

Most are very good parents, from what I have seen. Probably the same percentage as for hetero parents. Probably higher, as gay couples tend to be wealthier (can afford better schools, etc) and, importantly, they realize that their relationship with their children is under a microscope, so they tend to over compensate.

In a broader sense, I suspect that, like hetero couples, there are good gay parents and bad gay parents. I can think of many hetero people who should NOT be allowed to procreate, but there are no laws against them doing so (think octo mom).

This argument is, IMHO, just another red herring put forth by the homophobic religious nutters.

Guest lazyphil

thats all very dandy but kids are extremley cruel and having 2 dads leaves that kid open as a grouse on the first day of the season in the playground.

Amen RC. Cent makes a hard point FOR marriage. The Bible-bangers lament the ddemise of the nuclear family and all that, yet they actively work to destroy families. Makes no sense. Marriage leads to stability (in theory). Why not promote stability in society in all forms?

As the Iowa decision said, confirming my long time position: opposition to this is simply bigotry.

HH can make jokes all he wants about me fucking earholes, I'm fine with my masculinity. Fags/queens/queers/whatever you want to call them don't threaten me in the least. I support these gay folks because I know, as OH has mentioned: I could not have married my wife in my lifetime (and I'm NOT a fossil -- 1967* I think was the last defeat of interracial marriage in the USA) and I know how that makes me feel and I know there is zero reason for it. It's bullshit pure and simple.

Cheers,

SD -- believes in the Pre-Amble...

* -- ya, 1967; I was five years old at the decision, and only 20 years had passed since when we married (unbelieveable to me even now): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_v._Virginia

They would if they could -- hell they have and we are trying to fix it. IMHO, the anti-gay marriage (amongst many other religion-based laws) are the same as Sharia.

The next step is to eliminate tax deductions for religious groups.

Cheers,

SD

thats all very dandy but kids are extremley cruel and having 2 dads leaves that kid open as a grouse on the first day of the season in the playground.

Geez, is that the best you can come up with?

Kids get picked on at a playground for all kinds of reasons. Personally knowing kids from gay couples, I can tell you that they get picked on no less and no more than kids from hetero couples.

If that is your criteria for legal marriage, then there are a whole lotta folks who should not be allowed to procreate!

Geez' date=' is that the best you can come up with?

Kids get picked on at a playground for all kinds of reasons. Personally knowing kids from gay couples, I can tell you that they get picked on no less and no more than kids from hetero couples.

If that is your criteria for legal marriage, then there are a whole lotta folks who should not be allowed to procreate![/quote']

Hmmm...yes, what about the kids! I mean my adopted parents were both flaming heteros, and yet I ended up in foster care 2 times because of child abuse...maybe it was my gay cousin? no, he was off in the Marines in Vietnam, serving 2 tours, and getting a purple Heart...but I just know a fag was responsible someplace...odd is, he and other queer Marines/service men and women risk their lives to give freedom to others, and yet don't have the same rights as others...but yes, what about the kids? oh and what if some one wants to marry a goat or their daughter/sister? I mean as long as we are going nuts here...lets just ban marriage all together, I mean most fail anyway.

Archived