Advice for going solo on Sukhumvit?

Frank_Black

"I don't get the bashing of the tall/thin type. I don't buy that as sincere, cuz it'd mean that someone who said that would find Sports Illustrated swimsuit models unattractive, for example."

Well, I find tall/thin totally very unattractive. And I can't remember the last time i ever saw SI "swimsuit" models, but i can tell you that I WOULD find most of them unattractive, compared

the average girl I see in, let's say for example,

NYC---who might well be, for example, an immigrant from El Salvador or Honduras, maybe about 5'3", solidly built, with a nice round shape...but NOT fat...and certainly NOT tall and thin (ugh). I've noticed that is usually the sex tourists (who p4f_ in every country that like "tall and thin". "Normal" guys going for "normal" girls tend not to.

But speaking of t-land, i've noticed that thai guys almost NEVER have tall thin thai girls with them...Thai guys, not foreigners, get the best looking thai girls...and they're almost never tall and thin...they're usually the "thicker" and shorter ones....(and best looking).

The BLENDING of the male/female looks/appearance in t-land (that you refer to above...where you have to keep looking at someone to tell what sex they are)..is the one thing i hate about the country, and i'm not just talking about the transvestites. No other country is like that...with such a high fraction of the population requiring a

few extra glances to tell what sex they are. I guess I'm "old fashioned"....I like countries where you know immediately if a man is a man, or woman is woman right away...AND I'm not just talking about the transvestites here....I'm talking just about the general population in the country (men looking effeminate and possible are actually female, and vice versa)...its just a big turnoff.

As you "might guess", my taste in girls is 100% opposite of yours. I HATE high heels, and tall and thin is a turnoff.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thai guys, not foreigners, get the best looking thai girls...and they're almost never tall and thin...they're usually the "thicker" and shorter ones....(and best looking)."

Well, again, that's a personal opinion. And a glance at any Thai gossip mag blows that opinion outta the water. But whatever.

= -- unanswerable due to the infinite variables.

*I* prefer slender, yet athletic and still curvy gals. With the softer features of the Chinese &/or Indian mix with the Thai. And nowhere I go with the "infamous" Miss Vampy fails to yield the same results: gaped-mouth stares. Granted, she's not tall, but has that "sports girl" build (5'2", 40kg and rock hard but with great curves) and guaranteed that every head in the room does turn when she enters (Thai or farang). So, YMMV.

So, maybe I found the right combo? Or not. But it works for me and that's all that matters!

Cheers,

SD

she's not tall, but has that "sports girl" build (5'2", 40kg and rock hard but with great curves)

SD

Reminds me of the wife she's 5' 2" really great curves and the sort of chest you rarely see on a Thai girl :hubba: Only problem is she used to be 47kg now its more like 56kg :(

Lucky guys! Only real alpha males can attract women of such outstanding attributes.

In contrast, my girlfriend is horrendously ugly, short dwarfish legs, long witchlike dark toes pointing in all directions, protruding goofy style front teeth, long donkey ears, red eyes with a strange underearthish glow and a long hairy tail.

What those attributes say about her partner and how attractive he is to women I dare not even think about.

Or maybe i have been living too long time in Japan.

Koow, interesting post. I assumed that any guy would be attracted to girls like these...

( http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/models/ )

but maybe my presuming that is too influenced by my own tastes. For example, I find Cintia Decker, Lucia Dvorska and Jarah Mariano the most attractive of this bunch, in that order. (you have to click in and enlarge their photos to get a real sense how they look) In general I find the top group of models much more attractive than the cheerleaders in the bottom section.

When you describe your own taste, mine's about opposite. I don't know about 'normal' guys or taste - I bet any serious scientific study would find there's just variation amongst us, with certain particular tastes possibly being more common, all of them falling well within whatever could be fairly called 'normal'. Then there's the guys like my friend Jim who find a whole wide variety of girls very attractive, and goes about sleeping with as many of those as possible -- very different from me.

Anyway, back to the swimsuit models... So you wouldn't be interested in doing some of these? It'd be interesting who different people picked as the one they think is hottest.

I have had some experiences with the confusion issue. Once in Chiang Mai, actually got to talking to a girl only to realize after a few moments it wasn't a girl. We were already at the stage of negotiating before I got a look at that adam's apple, and I might've turned white. Awkward situation. Something like that wouldn't bother me too much at this point, tho I guess if I got to the room and discovered it there, that would be pretty disturbing.

I wonder about something: do these katoeys deliberately dress extra feminine (dresses, high heels, makeup, etc.) so that they stand out more clearly from the real girls? In order to savoid the problem of duping someone? I realize they must dupe a lot of guys tho, either way. I wonder about that cuz I had one experience in front of Nana, before I knew the score yet, where I was talking to one and s/he informed me that she was a boy, realizing that I was wrongly thinking she was a real girl. Warning me, in other words.

In the spirit of full disclosure by others above, I've had 2 certain run-ins with katoeys (both mentioned above) and one possible one that I never did find out about for sure. That's probably not much compared to the guys here who are in Thailand a lot more than me. But I'll say, it doesn't get to me any more. The time in Chiang Mai did weird me out a bit.

Post op? what the hell is that?

Buddha, please tell me you are having a lend of us ? Given that there is a surgical procedure to remove pretty much every indication that a girl wasnt always female, you could very easily find yourself in the same situation I did. For your sake, I hope that doesnt happen.

Post op? what the hell is that?

Buddha, please tell me you are having a lend of us ? Given that there is a surgical procedure to remove pretty much every indication that a girl wasnt always female, you could very easily find yourself in the same situation I did. For your sake, I hope that doesnt happen.

what was the tipoff? I've only seen fully dressed katoeys, so I've only been able to tune into the kinds of details like I mentioned earlier.

Are there some who get such high quality work done that most men wouldn't be able to tell, even in the sack?

Archived