"STRIKERS" New on Soi Nana

dddave

The beginning of low season in the midst of a tourist slump might not seem the most auspicious time to open a slick, new bar but the owners of STRIKERS SPORTS BAR. on Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Soi Nana), directly across from the Golden Beer Bar fronting the Nana Hotel must be an optimistic lot.

The front is open to the street, much like it's competition across the way; yet another place to sit and watch the wondrous world of Nana pass by. Inside it looks large enough to sit about 50. There are five large flat screen TV's mounted on the walls with a variety of sporting events playing.

The good news is that they have a happy hour, something the competing BIG DOGS, MORNING NIGHT, AND GOLDEN lack. From 4pm to 8pm, all standard bottled beers are B65, mixed drinks: B105. After happy hour ends, beers are B95.

There is a large staff of attractive and attentive service girls as well as a contingent of hostesses; I didn't determine the barfine policy.

The grand opening is advertised as the 10th of this month but they were open last night, 6/4.

What was there before? A tailor shop or the jewelry shop?

My questions also.

Wasn't that always an Indian taylor shop?

I don't want to sit at the Golden Beer Bar and look across soi and view another bar. That's aweful.

Archived