What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

On 8/29/2023 at 1:45 AM, Palatkik said:

White House Plumbers [2023 TV Limited Series]

A five-part series that tells the true story of how Nixon's own political saboteurs and Watergate masterminds, E. Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy, accidentally toppled the presidency they were trying to protect. Amusing historical take varies from the absurd to the ridiculous with two good leads hamming it up, hard to tell the jokes from the realty. Worth a look, starts off slow but picks up.

Saw this series, very good. In truth, the whole Watergate mess was almost a “comedy of errors” that did indeed bring Nixon down. I remember the right wingers trying to dismiss it all as “…a 2 bit burglary that means nothing…” The left screaming for blood…many feel had the left gotten their way and had Nixon been held liable, then we might have gotten a better government over all down the road…I don’t think it really mattered in the end. 

45 minutes ago, Coss said:

I'm not gonna play slap with you.

Post some Thai content and move on.

I really don't see an issue with a link. Anyone who sees it has the choice of whether they click on it especially when the link has a description.

Different story if you use a hyperlink.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bust said:

I really don't see an issue with a link. Anyone who sees it has the choice of whether they click on it especially when the link has a description.

Different story if you use a hyperlink.

I tend to agree, it is just a link, nothing nude or violation of board policy.  I watched the movie, for its historical value and see nothing wrong with it, stunning costumes and brilliant directing! The music was also good. To me, there is a difference between a picture that just pops out and smacks you when you scroll down the thread and a link that I can choose to click on or not click on. The first one is more less “forced on the reader” vs. the link which is entirely up to me to click on or not click on. I think Coss may have over reacted here a bit. Big difference between a picture and a link.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coss said:

I'm not gonna play slap with you.

Post some Thai content and move on.

Nothing wrong with playing slap, especially if costumes and safe words are used and there is a complete absence of homosexuality…as for Thai content, most of the movies mentioned here are not Thai related…though, regarding “Napoleon,” I did once read that Josephine had worked in a wine bar…

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Old Hippie said:

I tend to agree, it is just a link, nothing nude or violation of board policy.  I watched the movie, for its historical value and see nothing wrong with it, stunning costumes and brilliant directing! The music was also good. To me, there is a difference between a picture that just pops out and smacks you when you scroll down the thread and a link that I can choose to click on or not click on. The first one is more less “forced on the reader” vs. the link which is entirely up to me to click on or not click on.

They were my thoughts as well. I remember when you posted a link to Surprising the delivery man, but he also has a surprise for me… I knew not to click on it.

• Haha 1