What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Sir Alex Ferguson Never Give In [2021]

Poignant biographical documentary looking back at the football managers life on and off the pitch through his own memories that he almost could have lost if not for a lucky recovery from a brain hemorrhage. Directed by his own son who delivers an in depth and emotional story that supporters of any team should appreciate.

I May Destroy You [2020 TV limited series]

The question of sexual consent, liberation and exploitation. Visually impressive limited TV series with an imposing strong lead that holds this together as the story line wanders and appears a tad preachy, there is a  memorably surreal last episode to make it worth the wait. More style than anything substantial, good when the mood suits.

Surge [2020]

Set over 24 hours in London, a stripped back psychotic thriller about a man who goes on a reckless journey of self-liberation from his mundane airport security job. Shot in an immersive tightly cropped format, the powerful lead performance takes us on an adrenaline fueled rush of a madman, depressing and exciting the story is not that clear, but the surge is real.

A Touch of Cloth

UK Police Series from 2012 - 2014. The title is a play on a Touch of Frost and any Brit will tell you that touching cloth means being close to shitting oneself.

It is as funny as fuck, with sarcasm, innuendos and double entendres constantly in your face, I haven’t laughed so much in a long while. 
If you like British humour, well worth a look see.

Poly Styrene I Am a Cliché [2021]

The death of punk icon and X-Ray Spex front-woman Poly Styrene sends her daughter on a journey through her mother's archives in this intimate documentary. A candid movie about one of punk rocks most charismatic leads, archived footage, mental health issues and the mother daughter relationship.

36 minutes ago, Palatkik said:

Think that was the idea for punk rockers in the day.

I think it was due to the fact she was the first (in)famous female punks in the UK.

The “Grandparents” of Punk are both American, Patti Smith and Iggy Pop.