Thai "yellow shirt" leader shot

Palatkik

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful little weapon, I loved firing it. Not what I'd pick for close range though, since it meant they had to be firing canister rounds. The HE round has to make so many revolution - 30 meters worth! - that those rounds couldn't be used. A plain old sawed off shotgun firing buckshot would have been a much better selection, which makes the gunmen sound not very professional.

They suck....plain and simple. (and there was no heavy return fire)

-> I am an average shooter but with an FNC/M16 I always hit a target the size of a man at 100 metres...

Stupid pricks obviously thought "all automatic mode" would do the trick...

TIT

:banghead:

Hey, if you hire F Troop, what do you expect?

----------------

Bangkok Post

17 Apr 2009

Seh Daeng 'no link' to Sondhi attack

Maj-Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, known as Seh Daeng, said he was not involved in the attempted murder of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) leader Sondhi Limthongkul in Bangkok on Friday morning.

He said there was no reason why he would do it.

He said he had earlier warned PAD core leaders to be careful because they have enemies.

Maj-Gen Khattiya then said outlawed former premier Thaksin Shinawatra also would not have been behind the attempted killing because he was no longer fighting with the PAD.

Maj-Gen Khattiya has previously admitted that he trained a group of Red Shirts to fight the PAD guards during last year's confrontations.

Gunmen riddled Mr Sondhi's car with bullets about 5am on Friday as he was nearing the buildnig housing his satellite TV station ASTV. Mr Sondhi received minor head injures.

His bodyguard was also hit and his driver critically wounded.

Sure but if I had an M79 launcher + HE rounds -> even if I was damn myopic -> I wouldn't miss the car...

Thai way to solve "business problems"...I suppose

I always though that those action movies in which a bunch of criminals is shooting with machine guns at the hero without hitting him once are complete BS - it seems that this is not the case.

:offline:

BANGKOK, April 17 (Reuters) - An operation on the founder of Thailand's "yellow shirt" protest movement, Sondhi Limthongkul, who was shot in Bangkok on Friday, was successful and his life is not in danger, a hospital director said.

"He is safe now and able to talk. However, he needs to stay in hospital for a few days to recover. Then he can return home," said Chaiwan Chareonchoktawee, a doctor and head of Vajira Hospital, where the operation was carried out. (Reporting by Kittipong Soonprasert, Writing by Alan Raybould; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUKBKK407165

100 Shoots and he can go home in a few day's.

This is an absurd story isn'it?

:confused:

Hope people will not start thinking the killers "missed him voluntarily"...if you want to miss someone you don't shoot with assault rifles in automatic mode....

They missed him but not his driver (who couldn't plunge out of view)...

Just stupid incompetent Thai hitmen....

Archived