New ATM fees -- who's charging them?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO fee :thumbup: :

-- Bank of Ayutthaya

-- Whatever one is at the 7-11 at the corner of Suk & 22 (LOL) (that's a Bank of Ayutthaya one)

-- Government Savings Bank

-- UOB

Charging the B150 fee :redflag: :

-- Krung Thai Bank

-- Siam Commercial Bank

-- Bangkok Bank

-- Thanachart Bank

-- Kasikorn Bank (aka K-Bank)

Watch yourself at BAY (Bank of Ayutthaya) tho'. They now have the "helpful option" of converting the deposit to your home currency. At a crap rate, of course -- last night they offered 32.99, where my bank gave me 34.15. So when that screen comes up, just say no!

Cheers,

SD

Anyone tried the less known/widespread 'Bank Thai' (reddish color ATMs) regarding the foreign fee yet?

Else we're down the 3 remaining fee free for now:

*GSB (very very rare to find I never recall having seen such an atm at all?)

*BoA (by far most common 'yellow' atm)

*UOB (the foreign outsider quite often found in popular areas such as suk soi 3 near nana junction!)

*Citi (only found at sathorn not far from soi convent) or are those single branch foreign banks perhaps also charging???

I haven't tried myself, but reports are that Bank of Ayutthaya and UOB are now charging. Gov Savings Bank is supposdly not. I suspect that is only because they have not done the accounting and programing changes yet. As you said, ATM's from them are very rare. There is one on Suan Plu accross from Immigration.

TH

BoA is NOT charging as of yesterday, just that weird "exchange rate" thing I mentioned earlier (just say NO).

There is a GSB ATM in the Asoke BTS station, near the stairs to the MRT. It is pink.

Cheers,

SD

Took out money from Bank of Ayudhya (sp?) ATM on 2nd Road in Pattaya yesterday. The screen said "The fee for this transaction is 150 baht", but lower down the same screen it said "Fee = 0.00". I wasn't charged, but weird, huh?

Another bank that apparently isn't charging, and isn't a member of the Thai Bank cartel is Aeon. They say they do not charge on their website - link. It's Japanese owned and has a number of ATMs, mostly in shopping malls. You can find the locations of their ATMs by going to their website here.

Archived