Driving from Trat to Koh Kong Cambodia

Tiger Moth

with a Thai registered car and a Thai drivers license, is it allowed to drive from Trat, across the border into Cambodia to Koh Kong?

Or, must I make arrangements to "store" my car in Trat, take the van to the Cambodian border and a motocy taxi to Koh Kong?

Thanks for any info.

MM

No you are actualy dumb.

A ferry is a form of transport, usually a boat or ship, used to carry (or ferry) passengers and their vehicles across a body of water.

Passengers without vehicles just go there by boat.

So, vessels that carry passengers and vehicles are called ferries even though many ferries only carry passengers. These ferries are usually boats, but boats are used by passengers without vehicles.

That's clear :hmmm:

with a Thai registered car and a Thai drivers license, is it allowed to drive from Trat, across the border into Cambodia to Koh Kong?

YES...you can take your car into Cambo and visit KKong or elsewhere in Cambo. I've gone into Cambo many times via motorcycle and know people who have entered with Thai plated cars.

1-the car must be registered in your name and the registration and insurance is current.

2-you'll need to take the car's 'blue' book and insurance papers...and of course your passport.

At the Thai immigration & customs at the border (Ban Hat Lek), you'll first get the temp import/export doc for your car. Go to the window at immigration that _faces_ Cambo, not the windows where check in/out of Thailand. Then take the Im/Ex docs (they prepare them for free; don't be scammed and pay a fee) and your pport to the window where you check out of Thailand. When done there go to the Customs bldg, directly across the street, where they'll take your Im/Ex docs and enter the info into their computer. They'll give you a copy of the Im/Ex docs...DON'T LOSE THEM, or you cannot get your car back into Thailand!! Enter Cambo, get you visa ($20..unless scammed), no need to process the car...once you have visa just go to KKong.

When you return to Thailand...first go to Customs and give them the docs for your car, then process your passport at Immigration to re-enter Thailand.

It is actually quite easy; often takes less than 30-min for the who process to exit Thailand.

BTW...ferries?? Prior posters are clueless, plus the ferry cannot accommodate vehicles. You can drive directly to KKong (11-km from border). From KKong you can drive to Sihanoukville or PPenh, if desired. The road is good!

Happy trails...but not much to see or do in KKong

Mekong / MM:

I will call this one a tie:

â??noun 1. a commercial service with terminals and boats for transporting persons, automobiles, etc., across a river or other comparatively small body of water.

Don't see anything to limits the use of the word ferry to only if there are vehicles being carried.

Archived