Human trafficking

Free choice doesn't rule out exploitation. Human trafficking, though, is an extreme form of exploitation that conjures up images of virgins being beaten to give up their cherry.

In developed countries, we recognize the risk of exploitation and we do things to protect people. That's why organ selling is illegal and why we have worker's rights laws. You will always be able to find people who are desperate enough to do dangerous, life-threatening, or life-destroying work. The question about whether prostitution falls into this category of work really boils down to personal beliefs/experiences of prostitution. But I think there are definitely some bar owners who exploit the fact that the girls are engaged in illegal activities and have limited recourse through courts or law-enforcement. For one thing, the drink quota and barfine quota system is disgusting.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<>

I've read those - agree totally

Oddly I was going to post in another thread but seems relevant here.

Niece and friend are working in a restaurant - just started. Friend is plain but nice girl. Niece not so plain.

Every day the niece gets more tips than not so pretty girl.

So, in a nutshell, if the gals on Cowboy (for example) are "trafficked", then so is the kid in inner city USA who works a job for $5.15 minimum wage. What are you doing about them, since they are so much closer to home and *directly* affect your life?

Cheers,

SD -- knew lots of all-A car thieves and drug dealers back in the 'hood...

So what's the common denominator here...someone is making money off them. Same dog different dick.

I think the term human trafficking gets thrown around very loosely. It differs from people smugglingor where they voluntarily request smuggler's service for fees and there may be no deception involved in the agreement. On arrival at their destination, the smuggled person is usually free. On the other hand, the trafficking victim is enslaved, or the terms of their debt bondage are highly exploitative. The trafficker takes away the basic human rights of the victim.

But who is exploiting who here? The punter is exploiting the girl's need for cash? or is the girl exploiting the punter's need for sex?

I was trying to leave the punters out of the equation here. I say that the girls are mostly being exploited by the bar owners.

But if you force me to consider the punter/whore transaction, I'd say that the punter is getting the far better end of the deal. In the end, the whore is the one who makes a life-choice and has many more consequences to deal with. But the whore is also likely to be making those choices as a poorly educated and inexperienced 17 or 18 year old. It's a bit lopsided. It's like negotiating a business deal with hillbillies.

... For one thing, the drink quota and barfine quota system is disgusting.

Disgusting is an interesting description for a what is really a just a business deal and part of an employment contract. Is this any different then any sales quota? What about the beer girls quota to sell so much Chang or Singha? Is that disgusting? Why would a bar owner keep a girl [at full salary] that is not selling drinks or getting bar fined? ;)

TH

I don't like quotas that require girls to consume alcohol or fuck people. I'd rather see some kind of system where the ladydrink is abolished and a girl gets a commission for the total number of drinks purchased by the customer period. And yes, I realize that girls have the cola or OJ option. But I don't think the girls are given enough education about the dangers of consuming 100+ alcoholic beverages a month.

I have a new system for go-gos. I usually buy a ladydrink every time I have a drink. If I like the girl, after a couple drinks I'll offer the girl a choice of a ladydrink or the price of the ladydrink as tip. They always take the tip.

:topic:

I get your point, but most of time when I buy a lady drink it is straight cola or OJ, much more rare for the girls to have alcohol. Of course the somewhat recent trend of buying tequila shots as lady drinks shoots my experience out the window and I do wonder about the girls you see knocking back 5 or 6 shots a night.

As far as the quota for fucking, again I see your point, but isnâ??t that basically why she is there? If she has enough money to not need the offs, then she can probably pay the bar herself and make the quota. If she doesnâ??t want the offs and is living on the salary, she should probably get a new job. Many bars that have the quota donâ??t necessarily deduct any salary if you donâ??t make the offs quota. They pay the girl a small percentage of the barfine after the quota is met.

Like I said, my post was not meant as an attack and I appreciate you not taking it that way. Just found â??disgustingâ? an interesting reaction.

:beer:

TH

Archived