Scottish Man lives in his car for 4 days in Pattaya

Central Scrutinizer

And I found youâ??re jumping to conclusions on the [Thai] woman typically prejudiced. Why does the guy automatically deserve empathy and woman not?

"but of course such things wouldn't happen to the likes of you, right....you're better than that, right? "

If not an attack, certainly a personal remark way off topic.

Thought you would understand the smiley, but as I should have known, you have taken it literally.

Since KS will step in soon anyway, you can have last word.

TH

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy deserves empathy purely for the fact of his situation. He's living in a car and shitting in it. Someone resorting to such humiliating circumstances is surely in a very bad way. Even animals don't shit in their own beds. He has clearly lost his mind and that would appear to be as a result of his substantial loss.

Yes, he might be a total asshole, but he has been reduced to the point of needing external care as he's clearly incapable of looking after himself. I'd suggest he's having some sort of breakdown. Therefore I feel it isn't out of place to feel some sort of empathy for him.

My other point refers to the idiom/expression, "there but for the grace of god go I". Anyone can lose it after they've lost everything.

Yes it is sad that the man has bottomed out.

We all shoulkd be able to agree on that point.

What lead to this happening we might not never know the full story.

Yes she took the money and ran. The car is even listed in her name acording to the news report.

Surprised she did'nt take the car as well.

Now this man has crashed out. He's at a loss on how to go on.

When people lose it we all don't act the same way, each person deals it it differntly.

Some go on benders, some join the flying club, etc.

Yeah, depression is very fucked up.

Its easy to stand on the sideline and say "what a chump, fucking idiot, etc" but once people have seen up close how the downward spiral of depression can affect someone, they probably would have a better understanding of how he is shitting in his car.

This doesn't sound like depression. The guy may have had a breakdown and become psychotic. Anyone who shits in their car and stays with it for 4 days has clearly lost their grasp on reality. Anti-psychotic medicines work well if taken properly. This guy may just need a short time in hospital before he starts to rebuild his life.

Archived