Is it me or are the girls looking worse every year..

First of all I would like to say: have some respect for all the posts which are posted on this forum. Critism is a good thing although.

Well, I think it's interesting to discuss the place of isan girls in the thai society. What about girls who are raised in bangkok, but are orginally from the isan ? She has got a university degree and a well paid job....Do people still look down on them ? Can thai people always tell, that a person is from the isan or not ?

mischa.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by luisBKK:

As I noticed before I appear to be pretty(quite?)fluent in thai when I speak to isaan girls,and I definetely feel better with my ABAC student GF I met in RCA.Mind U we may switch regulary to English,we mainly use thai

RCA- be careful!

This brings up a conversation that I had with a friend last night. He was talking about how he had to chase his current girlfriend for 6 months before she would even go out on a date with him. Finally he called to tell her that he was giving up and she agreed!!!

Anyway, he found her to be very sincere and straightforward. That's a quality that is very hard to find here, I've found, unless through introduction from another Thai.

Basically, any girl who is willing to shag is suspect. How many boyfriends has she had? Does anyone know about her background? What emotional baggage is she carrying? That last one is an important factor because, even if we can accept a former bargirl, in her eyes she will consider herself a 'bad' girl and thereby have the right to do 'bad' things in the future.

Although girls met in discos and bars are of a completely different group than bargirls, it doesn't mean that they aren't any less nuts or more interesting. I know of several good hunting grounds for girls (hint- RCA is one) where you're just as likely to find emotionally damaged, yaa-baa freaks as anywhere else. Sure, they're fun to hang out with for a little bit, but long-term I'd say the prospects are no better than with bargirls.

Cheers!

quote:

Originally posted by Crash999:

RCA- be careful!

Although girls met in discos and bars are of a completely different group than bargirls, it doesn't mean that they aren't any less nuts or more interesting. I know of several good hunting grounds for girls (hint- RCA is one) where you're just as likely to find emotionally damaged, yaa-baa freaks as anywhere else. Sure, they're fun to hang out with for a little bit, but long-term I'd say the prospects are no better than with bargirls.

Cheers!

Crash,I'm bothering to quote only the end of Ur post but both of them actually R right on the spot.I gotta agree all the way,U'll find more specifications on my actual GF on other posts(virgin,no big emotionnal scars,no drugs...)that's why I'm behaving better than usually.About RCA it's so reputed that she didn't dare tell her parents she met me there.

keep the posts coming!

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

I've got to disagree with you troydeere

If the girls choose to work in a tourist enviroment they should learn English. you cannot expect a tourist to learn the language. The better the girls language ability the better her earnings.

I have a problem with one word in your post Rictic.

That word is "English". Now I realize that LOS is seeking to do business with other's and therefore they should be appealing to and acomidating the market. And I understand that english is the most commonly spoken language and that beyond business it has become somewhat a default language. I am meaning that bilingualism or trilingualism is widespread throughout europe and many other nations internationally choose to study it for comerce reasons.

However take a look around you in LOS and I am sure you will notice that if English is the most broadly spoken language it is not so by an overwhelming margin unless it is being used as the comon default language.

I live in a tourist resort here in canada, and my work is largely dealing with an international clientele. Most first time visitors here are surprised to learn how very few Canuks actually speak French or any second language at all. I have very often had to deal with perturbed guests who were unhappy that I nor anyone else here could give them service in French, German or spanish. Businesses here would like to have more linguistically skilled people but like LOS most of the staff that deal with tourists are very young people who turn over at %50 anually.

Why these girls should choose english over Japanese ( I can muster maybe 30 words) is beyond me. I am sure that any of the dominant languages could be just as advantageous for her if she capitalized on that market. And outside of BG's

I think most english speaker's snub off any amount of english aquired by hotel staff unless their proficient enough to impress us.

rictic:

You are absolutely right.

But I was responding to Luis and his narrow mind. He was going way off the topic of "is it me or are the girls looking worse every year".

His comments of.. Dundees girl must be from Isaan (because of his response), Isaan girls are flat nosed, and check out what they look at,and Isaan whores.

Its interesting how he equates "education" with language skills. And the girls from Isaan are whores, but not the "educated" ones from the universities that hang out looking for trade?

Oh yes, Im sure the Isaan girls are looking up to them!!

And just because daddy paid the Chula ticket, doesnt mean the kid is smart.

I've been in the Thai chats, and the English was horrible. And more than once, she went to CHULA!

Proving once again.. Money talks, B.S walks.

Troy

Originally posted by troydeere:

[QB]rictic:

You are absolutely right.

But I was responding to Luis and his narrow mind. He was going way off the topic of "is it me or are the girls looking worse every year".

"His comments of.. Dundees girl must be from Isaan (because of his response)"

She IS from Isaan

" Isaan girls are flat nosed"

Lao girls have most of them a flat nose,so have blacks africans,sory that the facts disturb U

" and check out what they look at,and Isaan whores."

This one is not clear,what do U mean?

"Its interesting how he equates "education" with language skills."

Where did I??And again my thai is good enough to impress ineducated isaan girls,educated ones too BTW.

"And the girls from Isaan are whores, but not the "educated" ones from the universities that hang out looking for trade?

Oh yes, Im sure the Isaan girls are looking up to them!!"

Sure more students from bangkok universities looking for trade than Isaan girls...I wished I saw more westerners with them

"And just because daddy paid the Chula ticket, doesnt mean the kid is smart.

I've been in the Thai chats, and the English was horrible. And more than once, she went to CHULA!"

Wll,YOU seem to equate education ans intelligence with language skills,Abac is an english speaking universities,not chula.I guess U're upset because they can't write,"U come with me handsome man!" with the same style than ur favorite BGs,who have no business in the chat.Chula and Tammasat happen to be the most reputated universities in BKK with a difficult entry exam(though probably money can help).Ur teasing of Chula students IMO makes an ass of U

"Proving once again.. Money talks, B.S walks."Whatever...

narrow man against short sight??

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

quote:

Originally posted by troydeere:

luisbkk:

It always amazes me how someone from another country "thinks" the natives should learn 'their" language.

Troy

Specially related to Ur last post and where U come from,again:

C'est l'hopital qui se moque de la charite(the beggar who'd look down charity???)

It would help if U could add some coherence to Ur flaming,help Urself at least

quote:

Originally posted by luisBKK:

Crash,I'm bothering to quote only the end of Ur post but both of them actually R right on the spot.I gotta agree all the way,U'll find more specifications on my actual GF on other posts(virgin,no big emotionnal scars,no drugs...)that's why I'm behaving better than usually.About RCA it's so reputed that she didn't dare tell her parents she met me there.

keep the posts coming!

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

I just got back from RCA. In my opinion, it's not nearly so wild of a place to warrant the bad Thai press that it gets. The only difference I have found is that it (used to be) a lot larger than other areas so the behavior you find elsewhere just gets concentrated there.

The girls are a big mix. Tonight I saw two girls sitting nearby that looked to be about 16 years old, both Thai-Chinese. They left very early. I saw a few Isaan-types walking in, some dodgy-looking Bangkokian girls, and a lot more.

RCA is known for pick-ups but I think it's harder to meet people there than at smaller college bars due to the darkness, loudness, and lack of a dance floor.

But it's fun anyway...

Cheers!

Archived