Is it me or are the girls looking worse every year..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm finding bargirls generally less and less attractive quite simply because of what comes out of their mouth. Years and years of banal bar-room banter has just got so wearisome and I find that most Isarn females always talk a tad too loud anyway.

quote:

For those that are getting bothered about this Luis guy, what are you worried about?

First of all, to join the top echelons of society, he needs to learn to write English correctly (E.g. "I’m more than happy that my wife DO go along ", is not good enough in the top circles, Luis).

Secondly, if he aspires to possess the most inaccessible women, why isn't he playing around in America or somewhere else in the western world? How about Saudi Arabia?

Thirdly, why is he bothering to hang around on this thread? Shouldn't he be kissing his way up the arm of an upper-class purring lovely as we speak?

I could go on, but to answer the original question, I think that our standards simply get higher as we become used to the relatively high number of easily available women compared to our homelands.

You are absolutely right. We don't need a troll to make this subject interesting. The fractured grammar was slightly amusing in the beginning, but it is now apparent that this is the only genuine feature of his posts. And the bellicose tone is starting to wear thin. Boot.

quote:

Originally posted by luisBKK:

Originally posted by gummigut:

[qb]Regarding racism your response was, "It could be called pick up some local values." If something is wrong it's wrong. Claiming local values or citing them doesn't make it right.

If you don't draw a line somewhere and try to live by it, where do you start?

<<burp>>

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: gummigut ]

I look down on them for having little to talk about,poor plastic,and a dubious education where the parents R pimps(that makes difficult concurence!uh...).Plus I do give a shit to the way people look at me and I'm happy to have a GF that I can bring to the Oriental or more often to the Hyatt.

I can easily understand that my opinion is not shared though but when I hear someone who has married an Isaarn girl call me looser it looks like L'hopital qui se moque de la charite,the beggar who'd snubbed charity[/QB]

I am a bit skiddish about going to Thailand right now but I enjoy your posts so I can continue to learn about Thai Culture. Hey maybe it is good there is a "cast system" in Thailand. When I go, I want to be looked at as just another middle class joe. The one thing that rung out to me in this post is the quote about how we will always be looked at as just another Ferang. I think most of us just want to to go Thailand, have some fun, and come home with a big smile on our face from our vacation. I think you guys should take it easy on the flames as I imagine most of us on this message borad are Ferang's and the board should be our safe community to chat and share ideas =)

Originally posted by bibblies:

[QB]For those that are getting bothered about this Luis guy, what are you worried about?

First of all, to join the top echelons of society, he needs to learn to write English correctly (E.g. "I’m more than happy that my wife DO go along ", is not good enough in the top circles, Luis).

Funny,that was from Dundee,I just had some troubles with the quote function

quote:

Originally posted by Pom_Jao_Choo:

I can't argue that we all would love to be able to meet those more beutiful women we know to exist in the upper echolons of Thai society. But honestly

you seem to be overtly preocupied with what otthers may think of your choices of friends. And I understand that for some people this is more important than it is to other's. And I do appreciate that to be acepted within Thai society you must measure up by their standards. But of course your realize that even their protocols considered you will allways just be Ferang anyways. And in spite of all this I don't see where regarding them as devalued human beings of lesser standing is going to further your station.

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: Pom_Jao_Choo ]

I came last night very tired and just had the energy to provoke some boy scout camp chief posters.I read Ur post already,it sums it up pretty well.I agree about all the way,even for the last sentence,but,besides that I sponsor the Thai idea of beauty,I really think Isaarn girls have little to talk about and the idea of their family welcoming me like a new fridge and TV colour disturbs me.

For BLKBOT ...I've lived in Bangkok for about 3 years but have been living with thai 4 more years in Europe,mostly hookers actually.I'm 28,french and good looking,if any gorgeous girl interested please drop me a PM

On a different note,Sanuk,U flame me for looking down on Isaan girls but U're not showing great respect to the thais.

Enjoy

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: luisBKK ]

Hi,

"On a different note,Sanuk,U flame me for looking down on Isaan girls but U're not showing great respect to the thais."

And how do you come to that conclusion?

I said that I despise racists, does not mean I don't show respect to Thais. I do to the ones that deserve it.

Sanuk!

PS Funny btw hearing a racist talking about not showing respect.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: Khun Sanuk ]

I think this thread has completely gone away from the original post about the ever-increasingly disappearance of good-looking bar girls. Maybe an oxymoran in itself?

I agree with some posters that the decreasing numbers are directly correlated to the percentages of isaan women making up the vast majority of BGs. Over the 8 years of coming/living in BKK, I always found the best-looking BGs tended to be girls from either BBK or the North. For those who are attracted to thoses type of looks, then I would be in agreement that there are now much less physically attractive girls working the bar scenes. But hey, as everyone says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

What got my attention about this thread was someone wrote that stickman got in trouble some time back by making some descriptive remarks about Isaan people. Please correct me if I am wrong, but was this referring to a comment that Isaan women have "nethanderthal-like" physical traits/ characteristics? I am interested to know if people charged him with a racist comment? Is a comment like this deemed racist even though it is an opinion some might disagree and others might agree? I don't want to debate the inners of racism but I think we have become way TOO sensitive that anytime we use words to create an image or paint a picture in one's mind. If the chosen words are derogatory towards that group of people, is it always a racist comment? In other words, when we say "Thai women are foxes", is that anti-racism since that expression is trying to be complimentary. What happens if I think foxes are ugly creatures. Is it in my book a racist remark then? We speak and communicate in euphemisms all the time, some unpleasant and some pleasant. We do so for effectiveness but where we become vulnerable is making these descriptions into generalizations about a specific race or ethnic group. Am I racist for saying that bald men look like a turtle or many of these Isaan BGs walk like a duck? Maybe someone likes ducks?

I think we need to lighten up on all these racist charges. Just because someone says something that it doesn't agree with our own value/belief system, we whip out the racist trump card. I thought meassage boards are about various opinions, attitudes or beliefs. It is irrelevant whether we agree or disagree in what someone else's says. The preservation of free speech and tolerance of others belief systems regardless of differences is of far greater importance. Group Think is far worse; remember JFK and the Bay of Pigs.

Respectfully,

Cardinalblue

Archived