Would You?

bust

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the girl - surely there are many who deserve more but get less - who wants to sponsor a ugly cripple for example? But a cute girl sure . . . . . . More info needed on the girl in question and why you'd do it.

I've met so many girls with Uni. degrees working BG-7, the discos, Thermae, ect that I've become pretty cynical as to whether advanced education makes any difference at all.

Without strong family or social connections within the marketplace, jobs within any given field are nearly impossible to get; especially so if an applicant has dark skin and an Isan accent. If she is over 30, the she can completely forget about it.

Computer school, hairdressing school, whatever school: the jobs they lead to are no better paying than 7-11 or Big-C and girls supporting kids and families will still need to supplement their income in whatever way they can.

Some girls who've graduated from legitimate massage and Spa Therapy programs do get good jobs in foreign countries but that is a very slippery slope, exploitation more the rule rather than exception.

Changing another's life for the better is not an easy task.

Depends on the girl - surely there are many who deserve more but get less - who wants to sponsor a cripple for example?

Exactly my point to those who would claim to want nothing in return. Another test of that claim would be whether they would sponsor the person anonymously so that the person had no idea the money was coming from them. If you can't do that then you really do expect something in return and will likely be disappointed if/when you don't get it.

Exactly my point to those who would claim to want nothing in return. Another test of that claim would be whether they would sponsor the person anonymously so that the person had no idea the money was coming from them. If you can't do that then you really do expect something in return and will likely be disappointed if/when you don't get it.

Not necessarily, maybe you sponsor someone in return of something already done, without expecting something more in return.

I did for about a year in 1989. She was a waitress in the coffee shop of the Union Tower Hotel on New Petchburi Road as well as working another job. She wanted to go to the UK to study English but she needed to pass some exams in order to qualify for a scholarship, but was struggling to study and hold down two jobs at the same time. So I offered to give her the equivalent of her second job salary every month so that she could quit. It wasn't a lot, $150 or something like that. It didn't do much good though as she never got the scholarship.

Then you are simply repaying them. So you already got something.

The original question seemed to imply that you expected nothing for doing a good deed. I think guys are kidding themselves when they say that. So asking if it can work ignores the fact that the premise is flawed.

Depends on the girl - surely there are many who deserve more but get less - who wants to sponsor a cripple for example?

I have a friend who sponsors a crippled ex bar girl.

And another mate in a coma who has literally got thousands of dollars in support, just from being a good guy we met on a message board. Unfortunately, thousands of USD aren't enough, in his case.

Archived