Would You?

bust

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have, three times, one is still a friend, one married someone else, (both of these non-hookers) and one went back to Thailand and broke my heart, this one, the hooker.

Oh and my current wife, but that was with expectations :) now we haven't consummated for a long, long time :sad: but she's a great cook :)

Do it if you can, don't if you expect it to be rosy, happy, experience.

Cheers

Coss

Is the sponsorship based on a marital/defacto basis?

If you actually consulted with a lawyer and he told you about the potential pit falls, I would strongly consider her facts before committing to such an arrangement.

If she has children the financial complications may come back to bite you, they do still pay spousal maintenance in Australia, and if she has additional commitments, well, say no more.

Hopefully most of us will reach a point in life when we have accrued enough wealth / assets that whatever follows doesn't really matter too much. It is not about being rich, but about knowing you have reached the point where you have enough now, and enough in the bank or in income generating assets that you don't have to worry about $$. I think once one has reached that point then such charitable giving and donating becomes a lot easier. Probably most of us don't reach that point until later in life.

Archived