Would You?

bust

Would you help a girl with spnsorship just to give her a better life without expecting anything in return?

I know there are many things to consider and a minefield of issues that it could cause for you but if planned and executed correctly...would you?

More worried about my own pension.

Cheers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More details needed Bust...too vague.

Ok the girl in question I do have a history with and have helped out before. She has virtually no future in her present situation and finds herself with really no way of improving her life by your usual options.

Limited job prospects and ripe for exploitation. However she does have the opportunity to obtain a passport but would be reliant on myself to vouch for her and possibly come here on a spousal visa.

Now time and reflection has opened my eyes to reality and the considerable age and cultural differences but at the same time it also has made me realize just how lucky I am, and how unfortunate some people are just by being born into a situation where they have very little chance of living a frutiful and prosperous life.

So the prospect I am faced with is bringing her here and seeing what happens and being willing to let her go once she settles. I will also create a situation for myself that may jeopordise the chances of me bringing someone here should I really want to be with.

You will be on the hook to support her in Farangland until she remarries. A marriage born of pity will not last. Isn't this the one that stole jewelry? Shows very poor judgment and I foresee a disastrous situation developing for you. :twocents:

... but up to you. :dunno:

I think once one has reached that point then such charitable giving and donating becomes a lot easier. Probably most of us don't reach that point until later in life.

Why should sponsoring be necessary anyway if you are young , hansum and unmarried . Paying in whichever way does buy something because it is not available for free .

Unselfish sponsors are of course excluded from my statement :grinyes:

You will be on the hook to support her in Farangland until she remarries. A marriage born of pity will not last. Isn't this the one that stole jewelry? Shows very poor judgment and I foresee a disastrous situation developing for you. :twocents:

Who said anything about marriage?

There are a number of possibilities apart from marriage. Student visa perhaps although I am not too sure on what are the requirements to be granted one based on former education. Employment?

I supported a farang wife with champagne taste for 16 years...this would be a walk in the park.

This isn't about me but more about helping someone else. But I guess some guys just can't or don't want to see that.

Who said anything about marriage?

There are a number of possibilities apart from marriage. Student visa perhaps although I am not too sure on what are the requirements to be granted one based on former education. Employment?

I supported a farang wife with champagne taste for 16 years...this would be a walk in the park.

This isn't about me but more about helping someone else. But I guess some guys just can't or don't want to see that.

You mentioned marriage. :doah:

However she does have the opportunity to obtain a passport but would be reliant on myself to vouch for her and possibly come here on a spousal visa. ...

-----

For a student visa' date=' she needs to be accepted to an accredited institution. Is she literate in English?

[color:green']Visas are granted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). DIAC will only grant you a student visa if your course is registered, or is part of a registered course, on a full time basis. A registered course is one offered by an Australian education provider registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students. Visit the Commonwealth Register of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS) website for more information.[/color]

Done it! NEP girl who'd just waded through the tedious time-hungry procedures and paperwork associated with buying land figured there was a good living to be made acting as a para-legal for her hoofer pals in similar positions. To qualify for that she needed to attend a Ramkamhaeng course, cost THB 5k.

I "lent" her the 5k and wished her luck. A year later, a lady in a business suit stopped me in the street outside The Landmark and offered to buy me a coffee. As we sat, she slipped me "something I owe you and never forget" - yes, it was the NEP girl. I returned the money and told her to re-invest it. ;) The girl did good.

Bust - not what people want you to do - we're just eyes wired open over a story that's evolved over more than a few years, with many twists and turns.

You'll feel very good for doing it - no doubt she like millions of others need a hand up. Does she deserve it more than others? You choice, not decision.

While I like what JonJon wrote - doing it for someone you don't know is the ultimate - who can begrudge you a pat on the back for helping someone less fortunate.

There is obviously a few rewards for you. How many you want is the question you can ask yourself.

You mentioned marriage. :doah:

However she does have the opportunity to obtain a passport but would be reliant on myself to vouch for her and possibly come here on a spousal visa. ...

-----

For a student visa, she needs to be accepted to an accredited institution. Is she literate in English?

[color:green]Visas are granted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). DIAC will only grant you a student visa if your course is registered, or is part of a registered course, on a full time basis. A registered course is one offered by an Australian education provider registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students. Visit the Commonwealth Register of Courses and Institutions for Overseas Students (CRICOS) website for more information.[/color]

Tah for the info on the student visa. The spousal/defacto visa is what I am referring to....no need to be married.

Archived