annoyance after upgrade to Vista SP2

tartempion

Upgraded to Vista SP2 last week (after re-installing Vista) and need now to logon every day to all websites I visit daily.

Browsing with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10 and "Remember passwords" for sites in security tab is checked, as I always have.

Problem must be Vista related, any clues for an option in control panel somewhere? :dunno:

Hi,

did you somehow migrate your firefox settings from the old Vista setup to the new one?

I guess you started Firefox from scratch with the new setup and now some setting are different than before.

- Firefox does remember login info (if wanted) and already fills them into the user/password fields of websites. When Firefox has more than one set of info for one website it presents likely matches once you start typing your username.

- When here is a check box 'remember me for the nexts visits' then the website (not the browser) will store your login info in a cookie. For this to work you need to go to Fireffox settings and allow cookies.

Hope this answeres your problem.

A nice tool to migrate Firefox (and Thunderbird) settings to other computers or a new setup is Mozbackup

I used Password Exporter Extension to save/reload passwords before re-installing Vista.

After re-installing all worked fine, the strange thing is after Vista SP2 the "remember this website" does not work any more for any site, passwords are remembered.

Checked cookies: accept and keep until expire are checked.

Still no clues... :idea:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived